[Archived] roPresence - Rich Presence for Roblox

Nice!

I will be waiting for your PRs then. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

We’ll see, first of all gotta check how you did your Creating presence, I ran all from client side, not pulled from the website so all local projects don’t show up as “Baseplate” :laughing:

5 Likes

Same with me.
@JiveOff, who host’s the website you get the presences from?
And, where did you get that code from? (If applicable.)

5 Likes

The website is hosted at OVH and I wrote the code specially for roPresence.

5 Likes

For some reason the program won’t work anymore, it was working fine yesterday.

Error notification

And even the website for shutting it down won't connect

Please help me solve this issue.

5 Likes

thanks for implementing a background service! will be adding this to my startup folder :grin:

4 Likes

The roPresence_bot cookie expired as I can see.
I will refresh it now.

4 Likes

It should be working now.
Thanks for your patience. ^^

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated!

5 Likes

So then, can’t you just use the ROBLOX api instead? As no one knows what’s in the code and well, it just seems not great.
(https://www.roblox.com/presence/user?userId=)

Benifits

1. No need to change cookie.
  2. Easier to fetch to (My personal favourite is to use a GET request from node-fetch)
  3. Everyone knows what the site is.

Cons

1. Everyone’s games must be public.

Seems to work well for me.

Thanks,
Sasial.

4 Likes

This API has authentication required.
You also can’t tell how it looks because the code server side is private.

The cons of this make this thing completely useless.

5 Likes

Just noticed - you have to install node.js? You can’t integrate it within the app? This is why I don’t go with node.js, I’m able to use a custom UI (or console) and integrate all of the components inside the .exe with C# :joy:

Only problem for me was the verification for the username / Playing status, this project solves some problems which I will credit you for (if I use them), is that alright or will I have to find another method?

4 Likes

Node.js is a good language for open source projects, I can also use a custom UI with Electron, but for a small program like this one, I didn’t bother to do so.

For your project, please do not use this web API, I prefer to keep it in roPresence. As I said on the README, you can try playing with the ROBLOSECURITY cookies by making something like PreMiD, a software & a browser integration to get the cookie.

This method isn’t that great to be honest, but I can’t allow you to use this API on your project as it can change anytime and break your program, sorry. :confused:

4 Likes

let data = await Fetch('http://51.75.204.210:3000/presences/' + robloxUser.robloxId)

Why not send a request to Rōblox’s website directly? They publicly document the presence API themselves.

4 Likes

Tha’s what I was saying here. Quote Below.

4 Likes

Why don’t you make the server open source?
And if you really want, host it on Glitch.

4 Likes

After Testing, I get the point.
What I’d do is make it open-source and keep the cookie in a process.env
Glitch would do the case. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

@JiveOff It seems like you are getting too many requests.
After ~ 30 s - 1 m it has an “api error”. Looking into it, it is with your site. Seems like you have too many requests to it.

4 Likes

I never had problems with the requests, the cookie expired again, changing it.

5 Likes

The Roblox Presence API Endpoint requires an authenticated user.

4 Likes