New Bug with Animation Plugin: Cannot drag keyframes, cannot copy and paste keyframes

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)

I’ve been using the Animation Editor on studio to animate animal rigs for several months. The last time I used the editor without any issues was on February 23rd. Today I tried to use the editor on a new rig, but attempting to drag keyframes deletes the entire keyframe, and trying to copy and paste a keyframe does nothing. I tried copying and pasting using both keyboard shortcuts and right clicking the keyframe and both failed.

A completely separate bug I’ve been experiencing is, while using the animation editor, the camera in studio suddenly starts to go very fast away from what I’m working on. It happens randomly and I’m not able to replicate it exactly when I’m trying to, but it happens to me and my developers very often. The only way to fix it is to close studio entirely and log back in. Closing the animation editor doesn’t fix it.

A good example of this camera bug can be found in this post: Animation editor: issues with rig part selection and camera zooming

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)

I thought that this was only this specific rig, so I tried to animate a rig that I’ve already animated in the past without issues, and the bug was still occurring. The first time I noticed the keyframe bug was this afternoon, and the first time I noticed the camera bug was in December. I’m usually able to get around the camera bug by reloading studio, but this new keyframe bug is extremely important because I’m completely unable to work now.

6 Likes

Same here

If you have problems with the roblox studio animation editor, you can always make your animations using Blender.

I personally use Blender to make roblox animations because you have more “control” of the animations in terms of rotating, and positioning.

When in doubt, use Blender :slight_smile:

Do Maya animations work too? I make my models in Maya, not Blender. But I use the animation editor in Studio because I don’t know how to rig models in Maya. I import the meshes from Maya to Studio and animate there.

But I feel like this bug makes the Animation Editor unusable, so I hope this is patched very quickly.

I am not experienced with Maya at all.

A while back, I watched a youtube video about making Roblox Animations in Blender, and I had to download and import a Roblox Rig importer plugin (or whatever they call it), which made it easy to create and export animations.

Rbx Animations Blender Addon

Written by Den_S/@DennisRBLX

Anyways, making Blender animations is easy once you have the basic setup.

These bugs have been reported here.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Please don’t report bugs in the support categories. Use the post approval procedure described in forum rules.