New scripter need help

Hey, Developers

Being new to Scripting what are the basic you should learn frist

2 Likes

The Devking gives a great amount of knowledge for beginners. Once you have learned from him I would recommend starting on easy projects like a simple simulator. As you come across problems just look them up and overtime you will improve.

5 Likes

you should start with youtube tuturials and after that you search some answers in devforum but there’s a topic that you can learn script from it

You should learn from the dev king. He has good tutorials and is teaching me very well. Here are the play lists, in-case your interested.

Beginner Script Series: Beginner's Roblox Scripting Tutorial #1 - Roblox Studio Basics (Beginner to Pro 2019) - YouTube

Gui Series: Roblox GUI Scripting Tutorial #1 - Introduction to GUIs (Beginner to Pro 2020) - YouTube

Advanced Series: Advanced Roblox Scripting Tutorial #1 - Tools (Beginner to Pro 2019) - YouTube

2 Likes

I started watching some but is there anyone else

1 Like

wow I thought only me learned from he but you both said that lol

edit: not literally obviously

1 Like

There is peasfactory. But some tutorials are depricated. There is alvinblox, he also helped me. And there is steadyon. There all great youtubers for scripting. I suggest you check which one you think is best for you.

3 Likes

wdym? you can learn it where ever you want to but TheDevKing is the best way to start

1 Like

damnn are you a veteran to know peasfactory?

1 Like

Yup. Some of his tutorials are still good and some are deprecated. He explains it pretty well.

1 Like

Ok thanks for telling me I will look at it

2 Likes

yeah but he’s missing since 2015 lol

1 Like

Try and start watching series from developers like AlvinBlox and DevKing and many more - like peasfactory and Koneko (Not advised, he doesn’t do much tutorials but I ended up including him in there anyway.), They put up many amazing tutorials and videos you can watch.

I started off watching them back in 2017 and learned quite a lot over the years.
You can also start referring to the Roblox Dev forums and Roblox studio web=pages a lot more for support from other developers, or look on past solutions on how to solve things. It help’s a lot.

1 Like

wow its incredible that no one in 2019/2020/2021 learned from devofrum* but i guess thedevking is the only yt that haves a advanced scripting tuturials playlist

1 Like

Not really, you can go to alvinblox and find a ton of advanced scripting advice there. He explains it well.

1 Like

Yes I agree. Thedevking has a good knowledge of scripting and has thought me a lot. I recommend alvinBlox if you want to start from the “Basic, basics”

2 Likes

yeah but alvin blox dont have playlist as thedevking haves and thedevking dont know too much how to teach things but I learned the start from him

1 Like

I feel like no one is talking about this but ill put it out
There a relatively new roblox scriptor channel named gnome code he making a tut series on beginning scripting (he’s not done with it yet so you will have to wait for new videos)
Here are some of his videos on this

Yes @Mysterious_Myth11 is right he does explain very well although some are deprecated (they date back to 2013) but most are still working and are very good.
If you wanna learn new things you can use AlvinBlox and TheDevKing

1 Like

same because thedevking is not too good at teaching but if you know the basics you can understand and learn from him