New Studio Dragging doesn't respect "Drag Multiple Parts As Single Part"

Recently, I noticed that regardless of what you have “Drag Multiple Parts As Single Part” set to, Studio will always treat dragging models as a single part. This should be fixed as I, and I’m sure a lot of other developers, drag models to get them to a spot quicker and then using the move tool for more accurate placement. Having the models change orientation based on the selection box, or the surface they’re on, is bad UX.

Repo steps:

• Turn off “Drag Multiple Parts As Single Part” option in Studio
  • Drag a model with a slanted selection box
  • Model should tilt to face the direction of what it’s being dragged on if it’s on a sloped surface, like a wedge, or it should tilt to face the direction of the selection box.

Rotating multiple selected parts as a single part is fine however - and should stay the way it is. But dragging should be fixed.

This option is now deprecated.

There is now a more general solution. If you right click with one of the draggers selected, you will see an “Align Dragged Objects” checkbox in the context menu. This checkbox controls whether the orientation of the selected objects will be changed when freeform dragging them, and works on both Models and individual Parts.

4 Likes

Alright!

I wasn’t aware of this new option and seems like a more forward way of setting this. Does it save between Studio sessions?

Yes! Works the same as the Join Surfaces, Collisions, etc toggles.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.