New to making a themed game, any help?

Hey! glad you got interest in helping me, i was exploring my collection fo wii games, i ran into this particular game called ‘Calling’ its a Horror japanese survival, and i was thinking that it would be cool to port some of this game mechanics into roblox (cellphones, ghost calls, teleporting calls, etc)

since im a noob developer i really dont know where to start, what to do and all, and i came a cross this site and i hope somebody can help me start ‘porting’ those features into roblox world

for now, i was thinking first make a flip phone tool where you can ‘call’ other players, like the ones on Da Hood, after that, i was thinking to add this phones a selectable (primary default) ringtones. That’s all i’ve been thinking.

For being clear of what i wanna do here is a list:

• implement a flip phone with ringtones, phone numbers(maybe), sounds, and a teletransporting feature.
  • Make a little place for testing this (likely a school ambient, pretty dark oooo)
  • See if it would be nice to make a place flip phone feature, if so, then placed flip phones can be picked up by anyone and still ring if someone call into those.
  • (idk if its already on roblox) make a surrounding sound system, more far the sound is, the less your heard it.

and thats all about it! Thanks if you can help me getting started!

Nope. If you want to keep it somewhat similar to the Japanese theme in the original, you can use shorter numbers containing goroawase:

Yeah this is already on Roblox.

The other mechanics sound pretty fun! Make sure you don’t use copyrighted ringtones (like the Hangouts ringtone, Discord ringtone, default Apple etc.) and you’ll be fine as far as copyright.

1 Like

Blockquote
The other mechanics sound pretty fun! Make sure you don’t use copyrighted ringtones (like the Hangouts ringtone, Discord ringtone, default Apple etc.) and you’ll be fine as far as copyright.

i’ve been experimenting lately with sound making, using as reference the games original ringtones instruments.

Thanks for your tips! ill gladly look into them

1 Like