New to scripting in general I need help

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I want to be a decent scripter by the end of the year and years to come and be even greater…

2. What is the issue? I’ve watched TheDevKing and AlvinBlox’s tutorials but It doesn’t seem to stick in my head when it comes to memorizing what to do when scripting…When watching their tutorials very easy to understand, but when it comes to doing the scripting not so much.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? Yes, but I also want to hear others opinions on how to start.

Basically the only issue comes down to memorizing and what to learn first Any Tips? I don’t like having to rely on a notebook where I keep all the information on scripting in, I wanna be able to just do it.

–I’m going to do updates every 2 to 3 weeks on progress and dedicate more of my time into scripting–

1 Like

I have also started out scripting by watching AlvinBlox’s videos. It is important to make sure you fully understand the concept of a video before moving on to the next.

Try practicing a little bit in studio the new concepts you learned. If you do it over and over again, you will memorize it. It may seem tedious at first, but it really helps to memorize things in scripting.

2 Likes

Here are my tips:

Get a super basic idea in your head, (mine was remaking a classic arcade game)

and then try your best to work towards that game concept or idea.

If you come across a problem google it or go to devforum or visit one of the many Discords that exist for this exact reason. (or contact me Swiiiifty#8197) on Discord for help.

Never found videos useful, I’m a practical learner myself, so i read a ton, experiment with it and then understand it.

When building your projects try to think of how you would make it, and try to problem solve, then try to execute this solution. If it doesnt “work” or you dont know where to begin, you can start googling then.

You will start to automatically remember things without even realizing. And if you can try, get a friend or something and explain what you did to them, often it will cement it in your mind.

1 Like