Not giving badges

Hey everyone reading, this is my second topic ever posted so if this is the wrong category please tell me.

So I’ve read many topics with over 100 replies and have read all reply’s and contributed myself to the topic, so I’m a little bit confused why I haven’t gotten the “Reader” badge.

Thanks everyone, if I’m doing something wrong please tell me!

NOTE: This isn’t a copy, I checked back I’ve litteraly done all requirements, this is more a bug report than a “how to”.

2 Likes

This post is duplicate of Badges on the DevForum - #10 by SuperSmartyPants600. Please do not make identical topics.

2 Likes

@pewpie12302die In the following link you have just sent, it asks how to get the reading badge, where as in this topic it is an issue. Meaning that they aren’t identical topics. Thank you for your time.

5 Likes

Exactly I’ve done all that. Still don’t have it…

2 Likes

Try waiting. DevForum runs on Discourse and they probably won’t allow such a bug to slide.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll solution that if it works. :smiley:

2 Likes

If you’re reading the locked/hidden topics then it won’t work because it’s how discourse works.

4 Likes

Badges aren’t always given to you quickly. As pewpie12302die as said, you need to wait. Another thing to note is that is what Krunnie said, make sure you read topics that aren’t hidden or locked. The way I got my reader badge was reading over topics about updates on the forum/ROBLOX.

You may have read enough, but make sure you follow the rules to earn that badge as I have said above. Other then that it took me about a day and I was given the badge, you should be fine if you think you did everything correctly.

8 Likes

Wow ok, that makes a lot of sense, I really think this may be the solution, Thanks!

1 Like

Discourse’s internals only calculates if you should have the badge daily. There are also other issues, such as ‘reading gaps’, etc.

Just read instead of trying to get a badge specifically.

8 Likes