Not loading Unioned Parts on Mobile

I’ve been getting alot messages of people not being able to see their players on mobile. I use custom characters, and from what they described it’s them not seeing the unioned parts of the character. Basically any CSG parts don’t load onto their devices.

I couldn’t get a repro of this problem on my IPhone6, but one of the devices someone said they were having issues was on a Samsung J3 Emerge.

An example someone sent me (The character they are using is made of unioned parts, and the dinosaur they’re looking at has only the unioned parts not rendering):

I’ve noticed that the person who owns this game: https://www.roblox.com/games/4060866/Tattletail-Roleplay-1-179-Beta also wrote that in the description players wren’t able to see themselves on mobile (they most likely also used custom characters w/ unioned parts).

Players reported this started happening about a week ago.

Edit: Another player w/ the issue said they were using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

2 Likes

Unions usually appear, you just need to wait for it. Sometimes it takes long, sometimes not, depends from the device you’re using. Im not 100% sure this is the case here, but they would probably appear if waited more.

I’ve been getting the same reports.

It’s just recent reports I’ve recieved from players on mobile. If it’s long loading issues then they wern’t having this problem before until recently.

I have been getting several reports of the same problem. My game does not include CSG characters, but uses Unions elsewhere in puzzle and map elements. Certain portions of the game are unplayable on these mobile devices.

I’ve been getting these issues on my Galaxy Note 4 too on a place that only uses <10 unions.

Currently it appears as though the issue is specific to all Android devices; specifically that Android devices do not load Unions at all.

Confirmed. Looking into this.

2 Likes

Have you guys only been getting there reports very recently (as of Wednesday Morning)? We’ve found the problem but are trying to narrow down how it happened.

I got reports before Wednesday. Someone reported it happening on 3/3/17 saying it’s been a glitch for 3 days now.

The fix will ship shortly. Brace for impact.

The fix is live on Android devices that use Google Play (Kindles will be updated in a day or two). The version with the fix is 2.281.109339.

I also experienced this with Union objects within my game. I play on a high-performance PC, but my Internet connection is very bad most of the time. I wonder if the Union fails to load, and then gives up on retrying?

EDIT: Oof, I did not notice this post was 2 years old. The problem seems to be back for some of my players. (I don’t know their devices.)