Not much of a designer but I tried making a GUI for my game, what do you think?

As a programmer my main goal is functionality not design, but I wanted this one to at least look a little good! Thoughts?

I know it’s just buttons so it’s nothing super fancy but this is one of my first GUI designs.

4 Likes

Nice! It looks very cartoony, and if that is the theme of your game, then you don’t really need to change anything!

1 Like

That’s great thinking!

With functionality comes UX, how the user feels about your UI. This includes navigation. Since you have a lot of options, I recommend that you include icons so that players can easily spot each button out of the others and find what they’re looking for. For example, you can do a coin icon for tax, etc.

Also, consider removing the text outline since you already have a non-white background. That way, it will look considerably better.

Considering that you’re a programmer, this is certainly a very good start! Design is important, but functionality and UX matter more. You can always revamp your UI in any game update, to refresh your players’ eyes!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! Much appreciated :slight_smile:

I was thinking instead of having (for example) a single coin icon, the button would have a slightly transparent background that’s kind of like a coin wallpaper. Something like this:

Also I’ll definitely look into removing those borders. Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

I like it! Very cartoony. :+1:

It looks like you put your values in order. I like the simplicity. It’s very user friendly.