Not sure if future is bright has changed clipping?

Not sure if the Future is Bright updates have started causing this? (and if they have, wth?? bad move)

But then after a few seconds, they just disappear??

The parts are all the same color, height, texture, etc. So there should be no clipping

2 Likes

Z-fighting will occur no matter what if you have two planes overlapping. Even if they’re the same color, etc, this effect is still happening. You shouldn’t overlap parts like this. You could try unioning them if there is no other way.

On some quality levels this effect will be more obvious. Its exact appearance is undefined so FiB has no responsibility nor expectation to mitigate it (nor can it easily).

3 Likes

Using SmoothPlastic, I have never had this occur before. I know using other materials it does create the clipping, but never has it done so with SmoothPlastic

1 Like

Has your graphics quality level setting changed recently?

3 Likes

Always had it set to automatic

1 Like

(What you’re observing is Z-Fighting, not clipping)

Anyway, SmoothPlastic uses vertex lighting on quality 1-2. This was the case even before future is bright.

Quality 1:

Quality 10:

Since you mentioned that your quality mode was set to Automatic, the game probably set the quality to 1 or 2, and then increased it above that shortly afterwards.

Keep this in mind when developing for mobile (or low-spec devices in general), otherwise your sleek “low-poly” builds will look awful!

3 Likes

If you don’t want Z-Fighting, you can make one of the parts a bit taller, like something around 0.001 more studs.

I can’t do that :sweat_smile: my conscious state will not allow me to have blocks at such horrible positions :confounded:

1 Like

Its so small of a change, that roblox doesn’t even render it. It doesn’t look different.

I know, but seeing in parts in the Properties tab have positions that aren’t 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.2, 0.125, 0.1 or 0.05 (at worst) is not acceptable to me :sweat_smile: and 0.001 is the biggest nope

Well, you could always use unions, but I don’t recommend it.