Whether its due to the upcoming holidays, or developers have found some new inspiration, November was an awesome month of new updates and work coming from the Developer Community. If we think back to October, you’ll remember that it was also a busy month for the community, and November was no different. If you missed October’s recap, be sure to take read the Community happenings here: October Recap: Here's Whats Happening in the Developer Community.
This month, a team of talented Roblox developers shipped a sponsored game, Aquaman: Home is Calling. In this game, players of all ages can enter an underwater world and complete missions, unlock trials and fight their way through Atlantis. Test your skills and join the game here: https://www.roblox.com/games/2056459358/Aquaman-Home-is-Calling
This game is much more than a series of challenges; the underwater world that the developer team created is absolutely stunning and amazingly details. Be sure to drop to @beeism, @buildthomas, @deepbluenospace, @director1406, @erythia, @evaera, @GGGGG14, @gunsbullets, @masteroftheelements, @noalias, @oniich_n, @potofpaint, @RBXKyle and @vocksel a note or congratulate them in the comments.
Developer Content: From the Devs and Developer Spotlights
We’re nearing the end of our module on Player Retention, but we have a few more articles in the works to wrap up the series! Check out the below articles to find out how you can attract players to your game and keep them there!
- "From the Devs": How Events Can Boost Player Retention, by @FearMeIAmLag: https://medium.com/roblox-developer/from-the-devs-how-events-can-boost-player-retention-by-fearmeiamlag-2a40a79b5d93
- “From the Devs”: The Psychology Behind Player Retention, by @RichOfPickles: https://medium.com/roblox-developer/from-the-devs-the-psychology-behind-player-retention-by-richofpickles-f46e13a691b1
- “From the Devs”: Bringing Players Back To Your Game, by @HeadlessHorror: https://medium.com/@RobloxDevRel/from-the-devs-a-glance-aat-tools-you-can-employ-to-bring-players-back-to-your-game-by-e04a80f56c5
- “From the Devs”: The Importance Of First Impressions On Player Retention, by @silky_dev: https://medium.com/@RobloxDevRel/from-the-devs-the-importance-of-first-impressions-on-player-retention-by-silky-dev-e63a90291279
- “From the Devs”: Using Analytics to Improve Player Retention, by @SteadyOn: https://medium.com/@RobloxDevRel/from-the-devs-using-analytics-to-improve-player-retention-by-steadyon-8aedceefe81f
We will be announcing the new topic for the next module soon. Stay tuned and check this thread for updates: Opportunity for Developer-Written Content Promotion!
But wait, there’s more! We’ve also had the opportunity to spotlight some other awesome developers on the platform this month. Check out the list of spotlighted devs below:
- Developer Spotlight: Meet the Developers Behind the Featured Games (November 2018)
- Developer Spotlight: Meet Crazyman32 | @Crazyman32
- Developer Spotlight: Meet GrottyPuff | @GrottyPuff
- Developer Spotlight: The Developers Behind the Featured Games (November 2018)
Updates and Changes:
There were a lot of exciting updates that came out this past month! Among the most exciting is the first phase of Future Is Bright
(Future Is Bright: Phase 1 Released), which introduces the new voxel lighting engine, and ViewportFrame object in Studio (ViewportFrame Release), which allows you to view 3D options in 2D UI and more. Check out a full list of updates and changes from the past month below:
Featured Game Updates:
You can check out this month’s Featured games here: