NPC flipping crazily when animation is played

Hello!

Basically the title.

Here’s a video of what’s going on, anyone know how to fix it, or some steps to take?

Basically, the idle animation is playing, then the HumanoidRootPart’s position is being tweened to an invisible part’s. I don’t know how this is causing this to happen but it seems to be.

TIA for any help!

I know I had issues with welded Motor joints flipping 180 degrees until someone suggested you make the Parts attached Massless.
It worked awesome for my excavator, which had a bunch of Motor joints, but only 1 would flip out when you jumped in and out of the VehicleSeat no matter how many times I’d rebuild/reweld the joint into the arm. Made it Massless and fixed it instantly.

1 Like

I appreciate your response, thanks for that!

I’ve made the NPC’s parts massless, however the problem still persists.

You don’t have a Part Anchored do you? Seems strange that the Humanoid flips like that, but also that it ends up at that weird angle.
Just shooting in the dark here, I have very little experience with animations.

1 Like

Sorry, super late response. I went to sleep right after I sent that and just so happened to wake up in the middle of the night lol.

Nope, no anchored parts aside from the “goal” position of the HumanoidRootPart, which is copied and just moved from the NPC itself. Kind of strange, especially about the random angle. It isn’t being caught on anything AFAIK anyway. I’ll try making a script with a .touched event tomorrow.

Did the script work? If not, whats the issue with the script?

1 Like

No, didn’t work. It ended up being because I hadn’t animated the LowerTorso, it worked once I had recreated the animation using the LowerTorso.

Sorry, should have added this earlier, forgot about the thread.