Object Won't Rotate

I want to create a saber throw ability for the Temple Guards in my game. The issue is, I want the saber to rotate while being thrown. But I’m tweening the CFrame of the saber’s primary part to move the saber so it isn’t rotating despite the rotate part in my script.

Script for help trouble shooting:

game.ReplicatedStorage.SaberThrow.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(Player)
	local TweenService = game:GetService("TweenService")
	local TweenInformation = TweenInfo.new(
		Enum.EasingStyle.Quad,
		Enum.EasingDirection.InOut,
		true,
	)
	local Saber = Player.Backpack:FindFirstChild("Double Bladed Yellow Saber") or Player.Character:FindFirstChild("Double Bladed Yellow Saber")
	Player.Character.Humanoid:EquipTool(Saber)
	for i, v in pairs(Saber:GetChildren()) do
		if v:IsA("BasePart") then
			v.Transparency = 1
		end
	end

local FakeSaber = game.ReplicatedStorage.Saber:Clone()
	spawn(function()
		while true do
			if FakeSaber ~= nil then
				wait(0.01) 
				FakeSaber.Body.CFrame = FakeSaber.Body.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(10), 0)
			else
				break
			end
		end
	end) 
	FakeSaber.Parent = workspace
	FakeSaber:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(Player.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,0,-3))
	TweenService:Create(FakeSaber.Body, TweenInformation, {CFrame = (Player.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,0,-20))}):Play()
	wait(1)
	TweenService:Create(FakeSaber.Body, TweenInformation, {CFrame = (Player.Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame * CFrame.new(0,0,-2))}):Play()
	wait(1)
	FakeSaber:Destroy()
	for i, v in pairs(Saber:GetChildren()) do
		if v:IsA("BasePart") then
			v.Transparency = 0
		end
	end
end)

Video for more help Trouble shooting:

Disclaimer:

The spawn function line I put is just something i’ll use until i fix the issue, then i’ll switch and replace it with a coroutine since it’s bad practice to use spawn. Another thing is, despite all the ways I attempted to word my searches, I could not find an answer.

I hope you guys can help me!

I solved the issue by using body position to move the entire saber model in front of the player just like a saber throw and used a script to edit the cframe of the saber to constantly rotate. I did it like this since using a body position allowed me to avoid tweening the model cframe to move it so that the rotation script would work. I edited this post to include the solutions since i want anyone who comes across this issue to learn how to fix it.

3 Likes