Odd/Crazy scripting ideas

Hello developers of Roblox,
First of all, I am NOT asking for game ideas.

So recently I’ve hit a wall on my development (scripting) progress. I was able to make a “simple” simulator, but I feel like that’s basically all I can do, and I don’t feel like making another one. I also couldn’t find any tutorials on stuff that I don’t already know, unless it’s how to make a gun or something similar.

By odd ideas I mean, something like I saw here on the devForum a few months ago, which was a really good suspension for a car. (I couldn’t find the original post)

I would like to know if you guys have any sort of crazy thing that’s not too advanced so I can have a little fun scripting instead of just watching boring tutorials and make complete games.

Please let me know if something’s unclear or you can’t understand.

Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Developing is fun, but no pain, no gain. If you dont go in advanced scripts your project will be boring instead of fun. And I guess seeing and solving your problems is fun why would tutorials be boring, yeah it may be too advanced but it would solve your problems.

I hope this text is meaningful for you.

1 Like

script gta but with animals. Y’all wonder how it’s like to be a gangsta cat?

Honestly, I think you should… script a hyperactive spongebob

Jokes aside, here’s a few funky(not) ideas you can try:

• AI traffic system
  • @dthecoolest mech
  • A life system, you start young and get old. Pretty self-explanatory
  • Some sort of instrument system, where you can play notes off different instruments.
  • A remote explosive system or TNT
  • Time travel sort of thing (probably advanced) – This was pretty awesome
  • Ability to change into others as a disguise (In no way can you actually do this I think, but you can clone each player’s outfit and character and randomly or intentionally swap them)
  • A controllable vehicle, tank, ect
  • Seeking missile or guided projectile

I ran out of ideas but yeh. Use your gut and follow through. Whether it’s already been done or isn’t, that shouldn’t stop you!

I think you should move this to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! This is exactly what I was looking for. I guess I won’t have a lot of free time from now on hehe :grin:

2 Likes

No worries, just move it to #help-and-feedback:game-design-support just so you don’t get in any trouble it’s in the right category :slightly_smiling_face:

Take care,

1 Like