Okwo is looking for NodeJS and Lua programmers!

okwo

About Us

Hello there! :wave:

Okwo is a team of developers looking to expand their horizons of knowledge. :man_student: We are creating a platform that will be helpful for both users and developers. :+1: You can find much interesting sketches and plans in it. We now implement them to make users’ experience better! :100:

Our Current Team

@DevKurka - Founder :sunny:
@Kacper - Programmer :computer:

Current features

Currently we support Discord features (mostly managing the guild and users. We are releasing a full api :soon: ), but we also are in alpha phase of creating the Roblox :heart: (group management) features, without any 3rd party services - all is placed in your game’s scripts! :smiley:

We also have a verifier for our future needs and more secret features to come very, very soon! :question: :eyes:

Feedback about our services

• „We couldn’t figure out problem that kept occuring and with Okwo Team’s fast help we had found the perfect solution for their Okwo service." - filipb2004 09/08/2018

• „Okwo is a really compact Discord bot for managing your Roblox game from Discord! I 100% recommend it." - xDestinoYT 09/10/2018

• „Well managed, amazing bot, in general would recommend getting!" - jumpingcake442 10/09/2018

• „Amazing way to integrate your Discord Server to your Roblox Game. Allows developers the opportunities to create discord commands to work in-game. All in all recommend to all developers on roblox with Discord Communities." - @b_irdio 10/14/2018

• „Okwo is great for managing my group straight from Discord. No need to head on into the groups page and mess around with anything, just a simple Discord bot message and boom! Great job!" - @Alvin_Blox 01/13/2019

About the job

We are looking for passionate programmers and crew :compass: (counting graphic designers and more), who look forward to grow in experience along with us and our products :floppy_disk:. We expect nice atmosphere and active hobbists :key: , who can present their own ideas and bring them to life. We systematically check progress :bar_chart: , but don’t take it as a severity - we just want to plan everything so it’s the best quality.

What does the job give you?

I think the best thing about the oppurtunity is that you can learn new things and techniques of handling website platforms. We also help each other with issues or just give a tips about better performance or more ideas. :man_teacher:

What would I do as a programmer?

If you’re signing up for a programmer job, you have two options. You can get on idea that satisfies you the most and work on a sector (some category of Okwo’s features) with help of the already done, helpful framework. You get the most % of the sector revenue, if you choose this option. All the details are eligible for the discussion. :moneybag:
You can also choose to work on the core with us. You’ll be shared a % of premium subscription then. You can also choose to work on features for a set payment. Please let us know about that in the interview process. :money_with_wings:

You are expected to work with some rLua and NodeJS mostly. :keyboard: However our framework cuts 75% of the work so you just implement the idea. :smiley:

How about graphical designers?

As a graphical designer you are able to choose between a full-time employee for our job (not working 8-hours, but just being dedicated to all the tasks) or a contractor. The payment is % or discussed before. :ideograph_advantage:

Payment

We mainly pay in Robux, but paying in $ wouldn’t be a problem for us, but that should be discussed as well. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

NOTICEMENT

You’ll be working on copyrighted product. We may ask you to sign a NDA or copyright agreement. :scroll:
Shh. We may. Just try and don’t worry about this!

Contact Us

You can contact us here on the Roblox DevForum or hit us up at the Discord. The interview will be performed in a direct talk with you, so we can be sure about what you do expect. :paperclips:
Discord: DevKurka#0001

Age is not a restriction for us. It depends how good you understand the programming logic. It is the hardest part. After you go through this, it is really easy to understand any programming language and learn it really quick. :bowing_man:

Feel free to share your thoughts here. We want to hear you as it’s you who we need!
Thanks for reading (and applying)! :smile:
Good luck!

Blox on!
Okwo Team

16 Likes

Is there a place where we can learn more about okwo? Like a website or devforum information thread?

2 Likes

Hey. There’s a tutorial and a wiki with updated (but not full) API list. The wiki is going to be fully introduced when we release full Discord api (so a pretty final version). I had no idea if I can share it here due to the strict link policy so Ive told to contact me for these. :smile:

2 Likes

Updated so this is visible in the opened category.
Removed Discord direct links.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.