[On Hold] Important Notice if Using ColorCorrection.TintColor RGB Values Greater than 255

please dont do this to other colour values, theres really no point and can ruin a lot of things

I still think it makes sense to clamp the values to the standard 0 to 255. If you walk up to someone and say that you want your website to have the color value of “RGB(260, 260, 260)”, they are going to think you are crazy. I understand that this is a different way to accomplish something, but it is an unintentional bug. Bugs get patched. Maybe out of this we can get more nuanced control over color and lighting through the intended system instead of an unintended roundabout method.

If clamping it is the exact same performance as it being unclamped, what’s the point of clamping it?

Why have it clamped in the first place, let experience developers do what they want to their own experiences, bugs can bring out very unique visuals regardless and should be embraced as art.

I don’t see Unity or the Chrome Browser clamping your RGB values. You use what you want, it’s your platform, your content.

2 Likes

I don’t see the problem. Yes, you get consistency with other RGB values and people can’t say, “You’re crazy!”. But it’s not worth outright removing perfectly operational functionality because of a trivial and minor reason like that.

The animation update is doing that for a slightly less small issue, but it’s still screwing up functionality that existed for years before-hand. It’s not necessary and most people are against it. Since that update is separate, I’ll keep my opinion on it to myself, but in this case, the ends do not justify the means.

I’d rather not lose most of my cool lighting functionality for an undisclosed amount of time just so that a value can be clamped and be consistent with other RGB values. Not only would it break existing games using that, but it would be impossible to replicate until Roblox released new lighting features to make it possible again, and unfortunately, they have been very slow about that sort of thing in the past.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.