OnClientEvent not working?

Hello, Im working on something that will send some data to the client via a remoteevent. for some reason nothing is happening. the localscript is inside a gui in starter gui. Ill add more details if I think of any

--client
game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent.OnClientEvent:Connect(function(songtable, songinfo, plrinvs, plr1, plr2, folder)
	print('found')
		end
--server and yea the prints do work
	if v.plr.Value == player and v.Name == 'plr2' then
					print('yes')
					game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:FireClient(v.plr.Value,songtable, songinfo, 2, v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value, v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value, playerfolder)
				elseif v.plr.Name == player then print(v.Name) game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:FireClient(v.plr.Value,songtable, songinfo, 1, v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value, v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value, playerfolder)
				end

pretty stuck. Any Help would be appreciated!

You can’t use a string value to fire to the player. You need to use the player instance itself. Try to find the player instance using game.Players:FindFirstChild(v.plr.Value)

After condensing the code a little, I realized that you’ve been firing to no players but a string. That’s not supposed to happen. The if conditions are strange and are seemingly hindering the code unnecessarily.

local ReplicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local TargetRemote = ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent

if v.plr.Value == player and v.Name == 'plr2' then
	print('yes')
	TargetRemote:FireClient(v.plr.Value, songtable, songinfo, 2, v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value, v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value, playerfolder)
elseif v.plr.Name == player then 
	print(v.Name)
	TargetRemote:FireClient(v.plr.Value, songtable, songinfo, 1, v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value, v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value, playerfolder)
end
1 Like

oh, shoot. I forgot to add. v.plr.Value is an object value going to the player, ive checked and its not nil and has the correct path to the player

What does v mean? Is this the full script?

--server
local player = script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent -- the player (game.players)
script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	--local playerfolder = getplayerfolder(player)
	for i,v in pairs(game.Workspace.guiparts:GetDescendants()) do
		if v:IsA("ObjectValue") and v.Value == player then	
			playerfolder = v.Parent.Parent
			break
		end
	end

game.ReplicatedStorage.ServerSong:Fire(playerfolder.Name, script.Parent.Name, 'multi', player)

remote = game.ReplicatedStorage.ServerSong.Event:Connect(function(folder, song, m)
		print(folder..', '..playerfolder.Name, song..', '..script.Parent.Name , m)
		if folder == playerfolder.Name and song == script.Parent.Name and m == 'song' then
			for i,v in pairs(playerfolder:GetChildren()) do

print(v.plr.Value, v.Name, playerfolder.Name)
				print('yes')
				game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:FireClient(v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value,songtable, songinfo, 2, v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value, v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value, playerfolder)
				game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:FireClient(v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value,songtable, songinfo, 1, v.Parent.plr1.plr.Value, v.Parent.plr2.plr.Value, playerfolder)

remote:Disconnect()
			end
		elseif folder == playerfolder and song ~= script.Parent.Name then
			remote:Disconnect()

end
	end)

end)

heres the full script,
basically v should be a part in a folder that has an object value with a player as the value

and the client script is the full one

I think your issue may lie with these two lines,

game.ReplicatedStorage.ServerSong:Fire(playerfolder.Name, script.Parent.Name, 'multi', player)

remote = game.ReplicatedStorage.ServerSong.Event:Connect(function(folder, song, m)

This is a lot to take it, but it seems you’re sending off ‘multi’ to the ServerSong event, but then checking if that parameter value is equal to ‘song’, meaning the next lines never run and you never fire your event to the client.

If that’s not the problem, then I would be interested in seeing your ouput when running these scripts.