[CLOSED] [200K+] + [25%] Hiring multi-skilled Scripter

I will never assume that I will not make nothing off of any of my games. Every single group/game in this field, I’ve worked on profited and everyone on the team was happy with their earnings. I know for a fact the game will earn around the amount we’ve projected because I’ve worked in this portion of games before and earned much more with those than I projected with this.

50-60% + 200k seems way too much for what I’m looking for. Maybe 180-200k and like 25-30% at most seems reasonable for this type of game.

I do understand the work that goes into, I’ve hired scripters for similar projects as I’ve said earlier. There’s plenty of open source gun free models that are R15 for a scripter to examine and know how to create their own.

The difference with that is, our numbers will be much more higher than 14k a month. We’re handling advertisements and all of that. And as I’ve said for we’ve released similar groups and games that made a lot which is why we’re highly confident in our projected numbers, which I’m sure is different from your situation.

Your personal choice but could cause problems, just trying to save you here.

Not a direct fact, but a plausible estimate in your own opinion. I’m not going to argue around this, but as I stated trying to help you understand what can happen and how the market works.

Free models, versus a complete weapon system that works properly and is designed around the game and feels good are two entirely different things. Now you don’t have to have the best guns of all time, but they need to feel good for players to want to use them, plus understanding something like FE and creating a lag-less feeling system that gives good input and works with the UI can be challenging.

This was on a game with 10K+ players, and only a portion of the profits. I’d refer back to my OP, but just be careful making these assumptions on numbers.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I wish you the best of luck on your game development and that you are successful, but do always have a grain of salt and be prepared for everything. The game market is completely based on the consumer and what they like, and can literally flip any time.

3 Likes

After going over the recent replies and opinions of unnamed people within the New Members server, I’ve raised the price. If this still is not just, I have one more offer after.

You know I looked at this as well. And noticed that it said the “Team System” would be the most complicated. But in all honesty, in my own opinion. The Gun System is the most difficult. There’s so many variables to get right to make it both effective and playable let alone fun to use and competitive.

It makes the Team System look like a piece of cake. It’s definitely being underestimated. But I wasn’t sure if it was just me.

Also it’s kind of unfair to compare two programmers. Not every programmer know everything. And knowing everything isn’t a standard. Knowing the standard is the standard. Free models are nice, but at the end of the day, Free models are free models. And what you can learn from them is limited in terms of what works for your game.

All in all, this isn’t a reply about pricing, more so I noticed @HVAX in this specific case was really underestimating significantly important parts of his project which made me question how much he really understands of the game he’s trying to make. On top of the mysterious person handling finances. Any person who deals with “finances” and hides their identity despite being part of a team looking for team mates, is shady.

You shouldn’t have to walk into a shady situation to get more information on how shady it is. Just be transparent and upfront. Is it really that difficult?

5 Likes

Whoa Whoa dude, back off. I simply pointed out your shady behavior. I didn’t accuse you of or call you anything. I took my time to read through your post. Please don’t tell me what to do as I haven’t demanded you do anything. I simply questioned if you understood what game you were making. All of my points were strictly opinion based and not an attack on your character.

If I translate this correctly… “Some person you don’t know who wishes to remain anonymous will be in charge of paying you if you’re hired. You shall meet them once you join the team.”

Usually people who sign up for a job know exactly who’s paying them. Primarily the same “company” giving them the job. It’s quite easy to figure out who’s in charge of paying you in said company when said person does not hide their identity.

Which was my reason behind being skeptical.

Your response to my feedback and criticism were overly unprofessional and rude in nature. You even accused me of not reading said article I was giving critique on.

It’s nice you had plenty of scripters. I’m not plenty of scripters. I’m a programmer, and this is my opinion. Do not attack me for it. You’re free to hold your own opinion as am I.

Thank you, and I wish you the best on your project.

3 Likes

I dont see the fuss over the pay. I’m sure if any scripter is in need of money they will take this job.

2 Likes

You’re really not making a good case for yourself with how you’re responding to criticisms on this thread and elsewhere. If someone is hired by you, can they expect the same tone of communication from you the entire time?

If you’re not willing to negotiate or treat people with basic respect (for example, assuming that people are actually informed about their fields and the work that goes into things), I don’t think you’ll be successful with finding someone for this position.

7 Likes

What else can he say after offering a negotiable payment (which is still quite decent as is), users not even interested in taking up the position replying to the thread about him not offering high enough payment (which is not valid since he said negotiable) and random other things that have no basis at all

And the man has been up 26 hours straight give him a break… :wink:

2 Likes

Without repeating the points made above (it’s explained in grave detail why the pay is not ‘quite reasonable’ several times), there is a basis for it and it’s not random. You claim it is negotiable, but the responses negotiating a higher price are shot down.

If users are not interested in taking the offer, perhaps the offer can be improved? This is the reason they are getting the responses, it is not random whatsoever.

There is never a reason to deny a fair percentage payment. When hiring someone to do over half the work, then it is not more than fair to expect half the revenue at least.

2 Likes

How do you know they’re not interested in taking up the position.

They most likely are, but they’re not applying because of the payment.

2 Likes

``come up with. What evidence is there to support this?

My word that I’ve worked with these type of games before, this type of game easily profits and 50/50% chance it stays alive for a long time

You aren’t going to find a lot of people who are capable of paying above minimum wage on the Developer Forum. If you’re actually looking for above minimum wage like I said you’ll find more success working for a big triple a front page studio, this is a ROBLOX commission not a full-time job, lol.

3 Likes

That is true but how do you expect that to change if you don’t start the change yourself.

mariofly5 2k19

Ok for real though, if you want a proper guideline of how scripters should be paid, refer to this document here as I found it very useful and insightful! It might help out in this very instance and a lot of developers use it as a starting point for payment SCRIPTERS - Stop undervaluing your work!

1 Like

As Roblox grows the developer forums keep growing, this will start to change over time. There are many different factors as well, such as the developer’s pace, the amount of work, the amount of effort being exerted into the work, etc.

Is this the kind of communication you would be having with whoever may have this position? It may not be appealing to some and may lead to trouble later down the road such as developers leaving the project, developers being demotivated to work, etc.

In the OP, it is indeed “shady” that the group is not being mentioned. If it’s so big, what’s the problem in mentioning it? Developers that are looking for work depend on commisions as a source of income (not a major income, but minor for many), and its bad to leave developers questioning about this kind of stuff.

3 Likes

I’d beg to differ. Regardless, offers can be posted with any price desired, whether they find skilled people without a decent payment is a different matter.

I doubt they’d be very successful paying minimum wage to begin with. If you are convinced that only big studios pay above minimum wage there’s a lot to learn.

The requirements state otherwise. If you expect an entire game within 2-5 weeks, you are expecting someone to put in a lot of hours, it is not more than fair to either be more lenient in this regard or to pay a competitive rate.

Either way the share is more skewed than anything else. If there’s 25% paid to someone making half (if not more) the game, what justifies giving the 75% to the undisclosed parties? You refuse to give information on this whatsoever, and it can’t be dismissed with ‘advertising’. As said before, it is much more sensible for any skilled developer to make a game like this themselves. No random shares to third parties without a name and game that

And that all at the mere cost of hiring a builder for a fair split.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m no longer responding to posts like these because you guys have flooded the thread with the same stuff over and over. If you have more replies like these, feel free to DM them to me, but I’d request there are no more like these on my thread. Thank you.

This post is “flooded” with this kind of responses because its a general concern to developers, transparency isn’t great when developers are looking for work and there is a few things this post is lacking to fully gain the trust of developers, which is why people are bringing them to your attention…

1 Like

Please read what I said, if you have a topic like this feel free to DM it to me, stop flooding the thread with the same recycled messages, please.

Even then, the thread says [CLOSED], so there is no point bumping it back up to the top.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.