Hi, I’m Soybeen, lead developer of BOOGA BOOGA, a highly interactive survival game driven by UGC, competitive PvP, and intelligent AI, all set in a huge open-world map!
We are searching for someone who is ready to exercise their creative intelligence in the realm of audiovisual design, and front-end implementation of special effects.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Complete knowledge of ParticleEmitters, Beams, Sounds, Attachments, and other effects-related objects
- Complete knowledge of Post-Processing effect objects (SunRays, ColorCorrection, Blur)
- On-the-fly color & material swapping for models in live servers
- Creating convincing atmospheres
- TweenService, for transitioning between effects (included concepts- effect priorities / effect overrides, and timing)
- Understanding of Lighting.TimeOfDay, related properties
- Working knowledge of Lua
- Working knowledge of Region3, Vector3, Rays, UDim2 and their utility
- Working knowledge of the Animation Editor (humanoid and otherwise)
- Working knowledge of GUI Objects and understanding the UserInputService
- Attention to aesthetic detail
Your technical knowledge will be required for programming the effects to appear front-end, as you envision them, but for complicated implementation, custom functions can be created.
First month production goals will include special effects for:
- Magical spells (fireballs, auras, channeling teleport, etc)
- Weather (rain, snow, Lighting and Terrain color changes)
- Area-specific atmospheres
- Natural disasters (volcanic eruption, forest fires, blizzards, hurricanes)
- UI interaction effects (achieving a “haptic” response)
- Transition screens (player spawn, player death)
- Purchase effects for market
- Destruction effects for various entities (structures, items, creatures)
- Tool usage effects (musical tools)
The Audiovisual Specialist’s duty is more complex than designing standalone effects.
Sometimes effects will need to move through the physical world.
What Booga Booga already comes with:
- Functions for painting models based on pre-defined color profiles
- All assets are designed with Color in mind,
- Rudimentary Day / Night / Weather transitions and effects
- Placeholder animations, with backend support for more
- Extensive sound banks in .ogg format, including music
- Extensive assets ready to be colorized and animated
Who are your teammates?
- @Soybeen Lead developer, project manager
- @ImFarley A.I. specialist, NPC behavior programmer
- @korky5000 Asset designer, general programmer
- @Rald_s Terrain & Asset designer
- @Momsrgamerstoo Team supervisor and finance
In just a month, Booga Booga has expanded from indie-game to full production with 5 people on staff, and the team is something really special. I take a personal role in the development of this project, so I’ll be around to work with you or answer questions virtually 24/7. A cohesive and communicative team is an effective one.
To be considered as an applicant, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age to apply
- demonstrate sufficient skill in creating special effects, atmospheres, and audovisual experiences
- put forth your best effort towards meeting pre-defined weekly and monthly production goals
- have a Discord account
- accept payment in either USD (PayPal), or in Robux
There is no hourly requirement. Instead, weekly and monthly production goals are set. We embrace an agile scrum-esque supervision style to keep everyone motivated, heard, and goal-oriented. Flexibility and creative freedom are highly valued for this project!
Pay rate for this position starts at $2,500 USD (~714,000 Robux) per month.
The job term starts at 1 month but can be renegotiated after that period.
If you’re interested and qualified for the job, send me a message here on the DevForum, or post below including a showcase of your most attractive qualifications, and how you could bring them to Booga Booga!
This offer will remain open until a candidate is chosen. The accepted candidate can get to work immediately. If you want more information about this position, ask questions below.