Open a Server

I have a game I’m working on with custom lobby and it would be awesome to either choose what server my players go to, or create a new server for my own group.

I know this has been asked for countless times, but this is really important to gameplay of my game. I need to have players who are the right skill level or it is pointless.

[quote] I have a game I’m working on with custom lobby and it would be awesome to either choose what server my players go to, or create a new server for my own group.

I know this has been asked for countless times, but this is really important to gameplay of my game. I need to have players who are the right skill level or it is pointless. [/quote]

Inb4WeNeedServerControl :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought that they were working on giving us more control of individual servers but I haven’t heard anything about it recently :emo-angst:

Disclaimer: I am not saying the current situation is acceptable – thanks in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to accomplish this in the meantime, you could just :CreatePlace() and teleport the party to go to, etc, and there wouldn’t be any existing players there. Your second tab in “Develop” for places would get a bit cluttered, but oh well.

[quote] Disclaimer: I am not saying the current situation is acceptable – thanks in advance :stuck_out_tongue:

If you want to accomplish this in the meantime, you could just :CreatePlace() and teleport the party to go to, etc, and there wouldn’t be any existing players there. Your second tab in “Develop” for places would get a bit cluttered, but oh well. [/quote]

Similar to that idea, you could keep an ordered DataStore of places and have the number for each server id represent if the lobby is empty, ingame, paused, ect. so you wouldn’t have as much clutter and you could do even more fancy stuff :slight_smile:

I was thinking something like that. It works too because now we have the Modules that you can call by ID. Thanks guys. OH! Nickmaster21, Farming With Friends is really awesome! GG

Speaking of Farming With Friends:

OMG NOOB 4 PLAYER SERVERS. I went there with a group of 10 people, and we weren’t able to go in one server q.q (That might be why you don’t get many visits)

Also, this noob joined my server so the other people couldn’t get in, and he built a barn, but I wasn’t able to burn it to the ground q.qqqqqq

[quote] Speaking of Farming With Friends:

OMG NOOB 4 PLAYER SERVERS. I went there with a group of 10 people, and we weren’t able to go in one server q.q (That might be why you don’t get many visits)

Also, this noob joined my server so the other people couldn’t get in, and he built a barn, but I wasn’t able to burn it to the ground q.qqqqqq [/quote]

*5 player servers

Once I finish Personal Servess you’ll be able to have 20 friends with you in a code protected farm. Not positive how much it’ll cost but I’m thinking like 5 R$ for 24 hours of access.