[CLOSED] Apply for the Extended Halloween Sort

Hey developers,

Roblox is back online! Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.

In response to the outage during Halloween weekend, we have decided to extend our Halloween promotion for 7 days and will be creating a special Halloween sort on Roblox!

If your experience has an update that is spooky, scary, or celebrates the spirit of Halloween, and you would like to have your experience featured on the sort, please fill out this survey:

https://survey.roblox.com/s3/Halloween-Event-Sort-Interest-Survey

Note: Filling out the survey does not guarantee featuring in the sort.
Applications close Wednesday 12PM (PT)

We understand that Halloween on Roblox is an important and special time for our community and believe this extension will help everyone celebrate the holiday together in the metaverse.

Happy ​​Hallowvember!

166 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

YAY a new Halloween Event! Lets start making the survey. :star_struck:

10 Likes

Very interesting… I hope we can see more games featured on this sort! Also, hoping we can see spooky and scary games as well! :ghost:

10 Likes

Exciting! I cant wait to see some amazing Halloween updates on the website soon!! :ghost: :zombie:

6 Likes

Very excited for this! Don’t have a game to sumbit but still it is very exciting.

6 Likes

Its Never too late to celebrate Halloween :slight_smile: ty

4 Likes

Roblox was down for ages! It’s great that halloween is being extended.

8 Likes

I hope my showcase is featured, it’d be very interesting. Ty roblox for the continued support of your developers.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, my game did not celebrate Halloween, but we will have a pretty big Christmas event!

Good luck to everyone who applys for the sort!

3 Likes

Oh…Can’t wait to apply mabye will have fun :sob::hugs:

4 Likes

Amazing news, this will be extremely helpful for game developers to promote their Roblox experiences especially now that they all need support due to the unfortunate server outage!

3 Likes

I like that they celebrate Halloween days later, even if the holiday is over!
With this, it made me even more want to work on the Halloween update of my game and be able to release it these days. Since I couldn’t finish it due to Roblox blackout.

3 Likes

How will this be different from the other 2 holiday themed sorts that were a disappointment to a large majority of the Roblox developer community?

4 Likes

Impressive! I’m so excited for sumbit game to halloween even though today November 1 that’s ok with still halloween event never too late about sort being extended than halloween support

7 Likes

Great!

Thank you roblox for doing something like this, I have just submited my game :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

The survey mentions “Does the experience contain any copyrighted material?”. Does this apply to other open-source assets on the toolbox? Or does that count towards people who uploaded the asset for their game to use explicitly?

If there is a scenario where someone were to use copyrighted material in the form of a free asset from the toolbox, but there was no way to tell because the asset was rarely used, would that count as non-applicable?

Does having any possible copyrighted content within the place diminish any possible opportunity to get into the sort?

I don’t think I’m going to apply this time around even though my game does have an event, because my game does use a lot of community uploaded audio tracks that could be copyright (although the original uploader should be held accountable for making that copyrighted material open-source).

Any clarification on these questions would be nice, guess my experience is going to need a lot of overhauling but that means I’ll just miss it.

Good luck to anyone who applies btw.

2 Likes

Can I apply for two games in case one of them got rejected? :blush:

1 Like

I (won’t) scream, If that Experience is a Horror and Realistic. :wink:

5 Likes

Why didn’t our game enter the sort?
our game is Action Tower Defense, its link is [UPDATE 20]Action Tower Defense - Roblox
I have submited my game 12 hours ago.

3 Likes