[CLOSED] Looking for Builder for a hotel

Bandan Hotels is hiring!

Hi there! I’m looking to start up a hotel group. I got inspired by a friend. :smiley:

Today, I started to build. After the first brick, it became clear I need someone to build a hotel for me. (Sorry :stuck_out_tongue: )

I can do the scripting myself, that’s no problem. Same for GUIs, if any needed.

I am currently nowhere, so the hotel will be totally your decision on what you do with it. It must have:

• reception area
  • Lounge
  • Gym
  • Indoor pool
  • Outdoor pool

As I am currently not the richest one outta here, and I don’t have that much experience, I’d like to know how much it’d cost. Please post your offers down below. I’m looking for a medium detailed hotel, whole map to be built. No low-poly, please.

I can’t guarantee I’ll actually hire someone, depends on the rates and my wage this month. (Real life)

Please post below:

• Your offer
  • Your portofolio
  • If your portofolio doesn’t include examples, some past examples.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Jonas

3 Likes

Hello! I am interested - You can add my discord at Dukeston_J#8238

2 Likes

Hi! Would it be okay if I could send you a private message instead? On the dev forum I mean.

2 Likes

For sure! Go ahead! :smiley: I’ll respond asap :wink:

1 Like

I would suggest adding what will be in the areas. Such as chairs, desks, lamps, lights etc.

1 Like

You gotta add payment to the list and where to contact you ad devforum our discord!!

1 Like

I’m hiring again.

The previouw developer decided not to follow the agreements set up.

We decided a price together. Halfway done he says that it’s too little and he wants more to complete it. If not, he’ll deliver it in the current state for the arranged price…

Full explanation:

• User agrees to price and what has to be built
  • He starts building
  • Shows me nice pictures of what he’s gotten so far, which indeed was awesome
  • Then, he started his trick. He told me he found the price a little too low. I had the choice to either pay the price and get what he’s done now. That would not be correct as we said that price for the full map. The other option was to pay an extra amount of money to get the full map. He’s mostly not online, able to build. Didn’t mention that in the beginning. Deadline always moves.

I am paying the price for a full map as described, so told him I don’t want it from him anymore.

So, shortly: I am looking for someone who can follow previously set agreements. :wink:

AKA:
I am looking for a builder with some creativity who can make me a nice hotel with around 35 normal rooms and 5 suites. The interrior is all yours.

Payment can be discussed, as I have no idea what we’d go about. I’m looking for a medium-detailed design.

Contact me on the devforum or on discord: marketmanager1#9316.

Thanks in advance,
Jonas

Hello Market, I’m not here trying to start an arguement but I will just explain why.

So I done some more research, and found out that the minimum wage is £4.35 per hour or that is how it should be viewed by someone hiring someone. Knowing that, I knew that I couldn’t finish the build within 9 hours. So I asked for 6 more hours, while that doesn’t seem much, I wasn’t asking for hundreds.

I haven’t scammed him or so called ‘tricked’ him, since I haven’t recieved his pay, and he hasn’t recieved what he asked for, so overall there was no trick or scam. Just me with research.

So market, just a word of advise, before you start making comments on people, make sure you know what you are on about, and have the appropriate arguement to support your statement.

Thanks,
Duke.

3 Likes

Completely agreed.

Although, we had an agreement. You have to follow it, otherwise there is no meaning of paying you. I’m still the one who gives the orders for the hotel, and ask you when you can have it done. If your deadline always exceeds, and you’re gonna ask some more money, you don’t seem to look like a reliable person.

I understand that my message may seem hard, it’s just how you make people feel. I’d recommend next time for future jobs to keep yourself to the agreement. For now, I’ll remove the word "scam " from my message, to restore your reputation. I wish you best of luck on any future jobs.

Regards,

Jonas

Personally I think that this is quite disrespectful towards @Dukeston_J.
You shouldn’t have to confine the payment of a developer, contracts pretty much don’t do much and verbal agreements over Discord won’t help out your case.

Dukeston had a very viable claim, you’re asking for a large hotel build, and considering that 6 hours is only around 2-3 extra days that you would have to wait, you should’ve gone through with it, or negotiated with him.

Developers are humans, he should be paid for work, and he shouldn’t be forced to follow such agreement if he feels as if he has been underpaid. Deadlines shouldn’t be taken so seriously as such, I think having an estimated completion date would serve a better function.

I wouldn’t want to keep myself underneath an agreement, I leave myself quite open, and I think that you should do that too. Please don’t confine your developers like this.

Completly agreed. Although, he should have mentioned that above. I tol dhim many times that I have no idea what payments are being used.

Also, the date was Friday, then it was a week later Friday, would be tomorrow. Not even half of it is / was done yet. It’s not just these few days. :wink: I do understand deadlines may end up a bit wrongly, but almost the double isn’t just a bit.

Anyway, I have edited my post to not blame the person, just their work, exactly as the devforum rules state. I suggest we no longer have a discussion here to keep this on-topic.

Regards,
Jonas

Okay, but within the future you should allow yourself to be more flexible with the budget you set and with the time constraints set. I understand you want your results quickly, but at the same time we all do have other things going on within our lives.

Quality > Time

Good luck with finding your builder though, it’s a shame that I’m unable to help as I’m pretty busy myself.

1 Like

Hey, can you not bump this topic by getting into an argument because a commission didn’t work out?

What you’re doing right now is childish. Let it be. It didn’t work out, so be it. It’s not making him look any worse, let’s just say that.

If you’re hiring, just say you’re hiring. Don’t say that the other developer is “trying to trick” and about how you’re a victim.

Edit: I see you want the hotel within 9 hours, which is absolutely ludicrous. No one who works at a medium-detailed pace can do that.

1 Like

Yea if I did this, this would take me AT LEAST 3-4 weeks to complete. If i worked everyday

Never said that?

Already edited the post, so it follows the devforum rules.

As long as the builder states it on beforehand, time doesn’t matter for me. :wink:

Still, you don’t go talking about how the older builder is “incompetent” or “did me wrong”. It doesn’t reflect well into you at all.

Refer to the rules. “Remember, don’t critize the person. Critisize their work.”

Don’t ask me not to follow the Devforum rules.

For your information, I just hired someone. Aka, closed.

You bumped a topic to talk badly about a person.

I’m not trying to attack you, I’m just saying that doing this entire thing doesn’t help anyone. Also, I’m happy your commission worked out! Have a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.