[CLOSED] Mad City is looking for a SFX Designer!

Schwifty Studios is the team behind Mad City . With a top concurrent player base of 250K concurrent players and over 1 billion play sessions , we are looking to expand our team to help us grow! As a SFX Designer, you will bring new sounds to thousands of concurrent players and make their game experience come to life.

• A small and tightly knit team where you can get immediate feedback on your work
  • Great experience working on a popular game.
  • A professional and understanding work environment
  • Regular check-ins to see your progress

• Take initiative and have strong work ethic
  • Work well with others and not be afraid to ask for help when you need it
  • Care about the long term impacts of the experiences you deliver to both our game and our players
  • Be creative and bring a great experience for our players.

SFX DESIGNER | COMMISSION-BASED | MAD CITY | REMOTE

• Be willing and able to design optimized sound effects for UI
  • Be willing to work with our team closely to create sounds that fit well with our game

• Heavy experience in sound design
  • Fluent English communication skills
  • Any previous experience working on sounds and music that you can show us for reference
  • Strong work ethic and motivation.

• Past recommendations of other people you have worked with
  • Any other extra skills that might make your application stronger

Let’s talk! Flexible payment is available. Pay will depend on your experience, timeliness, and ability to stick to a schedule. Payment is available in group funds or USD. We’re unsure of a payment for sounds, but we’re open to talk about what might be fair.

If you’re interested in applying, please reply to this devforum post with your portfolio. If we like your portfolio and are considering you for the job, we’ll reach out to you via devforum.

Thanks for your interest and good luck! If you have any further questions, please leave them below and we’ll do our best to get back to you!

15 Likes

I don’t have many examples of my sound design on my portfolio, but I can assure you that I can complete work quickly and efficiently. Meteor0id, Modeling/UI/SFX/Scripting/Graphics

1 Like

Hey! I am willing to take this job. Unfortunately roblox won’t let me upload the other sounds to my portfolio so that is all I got. I can provide you more examples if you consider me! Composer portfolio - #5 by iWinterNation

Hi! Here is my portfolio! My contact information and stuff are over on that. Look forward to talking with you! :smile:

Edit: If you have any questions feel free to DM me, I am constantly adding examples to my portfolio and would be happy to share some with you.

1 Like

I also have a question. Do we just make sound effects or also music too?

1 Like

Chris, I would love to help here is my portfolio

I have known Norman for several months, and I can personally vouch for his strong work ethic and enthusiasm. Norman is incredibly hard-working and is always punctual with his responsibilities.

1 Like

Hey, I’d love this job offer! I’ve worked for composing for games such as Vehicle Simulator, and much more. I’ve done sound effects for a lot too! Here’s my portfolio. Thanks ~ Austin

2 Likes

Hello! My name is SkyKurr and I am a Composer and also a Programmer on this platform of ROBLOX. Feel free to contact me by either devforum or my discord SkyKurr#9748. Thanks!

1 Like

Austin is genuinely one of the best sound engineers you would ever want.
Specifically, he made hundreds of sound effects for my game (unreleased) that were high quality and were done within a week. I can guarantee that if you hire Austin, you’ll have a fast and hard-working employee on your team.

Hey there. I’m specifically a sound designer (I don’t do music) and have worked on many Roblox and non-Roblox games this last year. Here’s a link to my forum post with more details, costs, etc: [OPEN] Sound Designer - Custom Original SFX
My website is https://bdasound.com

Many thanks.

Austin’s ability as a composer is very impressive, I recommend his work

3 Likes

I vouch for this user. He is a quick and efficient worker.

Woah guys, This is Mad City. @FamedChris is one of the best developers in this world of Roblox!. Good Luck to the person who will get this role as SFX designer!.

1 Like

I have worked with Norman in the past on a few occasions and he has impressed me with the progress he’s made and the quality of his work. I first worked with him when he was a beginner but he always gave 100% effort on everything I asked him to do even if he had never done something like it before. He has made extremely good progress during his time working with me and his quality of work is very impressive. I would recommend his services and I will likely be working with him again in future. :+1:

1 Like

I’ve listened to only a few of Norman’s works but they have impressed me far more than I should’ve. He also is very responsible and gets the job done as soon as he can. Definitely putting a vouch on him and his outstanding work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.