[Closed] Scripter not for Hire

Hi there! I am a newly engaged developer. Who is currently trying to broaden out his skill set in terms of LUA programming.

I am not really looking for payment as I am a new developer who has been practicing now for around one month and therefore, I am mostly trying to gain experience. Please do not expect me to be able to do the hardest things as I am still a beginner. Thank you very much.

To contact me, my discord is Haukly#1912 or through the post.

Thanks for reading! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have a portfolio or any previous examples of your work?

You’re either really confident or you haven’t really worked on anything scripting wise. Many scripters starts to take up jobs at least 3-4 months into scripting and still aren’t really good.
I think that you should gain some more experience or at least show what you have worked on for the past month to attract people to you.

Either way good luck!

1 Like

Hello there! Nice to see that you just recently got into scripting! It’s an amazing world full of opportunities, mastering, and if you continue to learn and get better, you will gain a lot of important information and knowledge for your future. Once you have mastered one programming language, it will be easier to learn other languages.

I see that you have been programming for only a month in Lua, I recommend that you, instead of offering to script for people for free, instead attempt to solve some scripting challenges, or create small games where you use your current knowledge. Then you can set bigger plans and see what else you need to learn to get better. An example of a site would be “Codingame” (I will not link it as it’s not allowed), there you can complete coding challenges.

However, if you still want to offer to script for somebody else, I highly recommend you to follow this format: About the Public - Recruitment category
Not only will it make it easier for people to see what you can do, but it will also make you look more serious in terms of following the guidelines on the forum.

An example layout could be:

• Title - Scripter for hire | Haukly

• About you - How long you’ve been scripting, what other things you know, your current knowledge and experience

• Portfolio - Link to your most amazing work, when you’re offering yourself, you’re literally trying to sell yourself to the buyer. Show what you can and be proud of it!

• Price - How much do you charge, on what basis? What currency? An example could be “I’m charging $10 / ho or 1000 R$ / ho”. This is up to you, most people choose to accept a one-time fee instead of paying per hour

• Contact - This is also important, how can they contact you? Through Discord? Through Twitter? List the platforms you can be contacted on. Do not post your private information such as your email.

• Last words - Well, these are the last words for my post as well. I hope you got something out of this, and I wish you the best!
3 Likes

Well I would definitely not say that I am too confident. But I have been scripting here and there for about 6 months, but this past month I have been going quite hard on learning new things.

Not only that, I will take your advice to heart. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you, I will in future stick to that format!

Hey, after having read the replies on this post. I dont think that Ill be up for hire, as I should focus more on my coding skills.

1 Like