Free Datastore Editor plugin! [21K installs] [OPEN-SOURCE]

@RandomCowGoesMooo ^
:slightly_smiling_face:

Bug:
Open the window. Press the X. Open it again, the size gets stuck.

THANK YOU! this is an actual life saver, now I can just edit my datastores via a GUI!

1 Like

That second line wasn’t very appropriate & professional.
I get that you put it under spoilers but that wont stop people from clicking.

1 Like

Hello! This is a Studio bug! I reported it already!

Hey @Xsticcy, instead of saving recent value in the Server Storage,why don’t you use this feature?

Because every game has different keynames.

For example:
In game1 you work with 3 keys named “bob”, “hello” and “there”

In game2 you work with keys with different names, so it makes no sense to show the keynames from game1.

1 Like

I would prefer if the dark mode switch used this instead. Would that not work?

Actually, that’s a good idea.

I added it and published the update!

Yeah i don’t have think about that. But There is always a way to create tables by placeID and save them there. (I think CrazyMan32 plugin do that but i cannot confirm)
Like “PlaceIDOfGame1/2 = {someStuff = {otherStuff,otherStuff2}}”
Otherwise, it would be possible to add an option to disable recent item saving? Personally, they bother me, after that is not a problem.

*Edit, there is also new problem with the interface. The Light Theme contain Night Theme ‘color’

Hello!
I have no idea how to create tables by place ids and stuff.

I’m going to add the ability to disable the recent feature.
And these things:
are going to be removed, because they actually cause a lot of bugs.

Thanks for the reply!

Update!

Now you have a settings button at the top left.
If you click it you can TOGGLE the settings menu.
(Settings menu doesn’t have light theme support now!)
In the settings menu you can turn on/off the recents feature. (if you change it, you need to restart studio!!)
Removed the “Connections” feature! (it caused a lot of bugs)

While searching on the internet I found an old version (V1 or V2 idk) of the CrazyMan32 plugin code, I would not provide the link / file for obvious reason but I can confirm that it uses Plugin:SetSetting
Also, i do a ‘visual exemple’ of what i mean (this is not the best way to do it)

Thanks! Your plugin are helpful for scripting

1 Like

Does this support DataStore2?

It only shows this

Datastore2 uses normal Datastores too. If you know how Datastore2 works then yes, it supports Datastore2.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m currently learning to use datastore2 and other datastores.

1 Like

This plugin has evolved a lot since I first saw this post in December. This is a good plugin and I recomend that people use this plugin instead of manually editing the datastore with the command line. This would have been helpful when I was trying to find out why my data wasn’t saving in an old game I made.

3 Likes

Yes, it evolved a lot but it’s still not perfect. Thanks for the good words!

1 Like

Thank u so much!!! I may… or may not have accidentally banned myself whilst testing my own game…

2 Likes

Haha! You’re welcome! I’m happy to see you like my work!