Free Datastore Editor plugin! [21K installs] [OPEN-SOURCE]

Okay, you know there are dictionaries and arrays.
The plugin can only handle arrays at the moment.

I will try to implement dictionary support, but it’s very hard to figure out how to make it work.

So, I think you should delete the key with a script.

Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

It can delete the key just fine, though displaying the value is not fine

Can you send a screenshot, please?

1 Like

Okay, it seems like I need to fix this issue with dictionaries.

I’m on it, thanks for the bug report!

No problem! Glad you’re going to be working on a fix

Good news! I figured out how to implement the dictionaries.

The update is out and ready! You can change the ‘index’ and the ‘value’ too!
Example dictionaries:

{
a = 10
}

You can change this to:

{
a = 20
}

or

{
b = 245
}

Have a good day/night!

This doesn’t seem to work with booleans nor does it show all the values

isBanned is supposed to be true and there should be a reason property

1 Like

Wow, My bad I didn’t tested booleans, I will fix it as fast I can.

Bug fixed.

Thanks for the issue report!

1 Like

Yep! Can confirm that it works, thanks for your plugin

1 Like

A suggestion: Make it where it doesn’t clear the text box if you want to change the key after you closed it, also, put the code on Github so that it’ll be easier to make pull requests, see the code, etc

Yeah that has been happening to me too. I thought it was my fault, seems like nope

1 Like

I have been having some issues with constant errors that keep happening, but they don’t break the plugin, they’re just annoying; they seem to be still a problem because of the light theme integration, it always it’s saying “bg-something something” or similar;

Also have you ever thought about making it a widget? Because it just takes half of the screen for no reason and you can’t resize it or anything or put it where you want;

1 Like

Hello! Yes, I was thinking on widget but I don’t think it’s better at all. Yes, the errors, very strange because they are in pcall too. I don’t have any ideas how to fix it but I will try to do something about it because it’s annoying me too.

As always, thanks for the feedback!

I know you don’t like people filling around with your code but I am gonna check it to see if there’s anything wrong;

1 Like

It works just as intended and is easy to use (given you know how datastores work obv.) other than the fact it spams the output with errors.
When I change anything in the box above the query button.

cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript:153: attempt to index nil with 'simple_text_color'  -  Studio
  19:44:52.932  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  19:44:52.932  Script 'cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript', Line 153  -  Studio
  19:44:52.932  Stack End  -  Studio

and when I press enter for the changed value in the stat thing

cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript:226: attempt to index nil with 'disabled_text_color'  -  Studio
  19:46:25.144  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  19:46:25.144  Script 'cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript', Line 226  -  Studio
  19:46:25.144  Script 'cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript', Line 324  -  Studio
  19:46:25.144  Stack End  -  Studio

When I put my cursor above the datastore name stuff

cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript:333: attempt to index nil with 'bg'  -  Studio
  19:55:01.204  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  19:55:01.204  Script 'cloud_6013845672.DataEditor.MainScript', Line 333  -  Studio
  19:55:01.204  Stack End  -  Studio

Edit: is it possible to list all datastores and then list all the values inside of them?

2 Likes

Nope it isn’t possible, only with OrderedDataStores. Which this module does not support but that’s fine.

Alright, good to know. Hope the errors get fixed soon though.

1 Like

These errors helped me a lot to know where is the bug.
And the bug is fixed!

There was ONE little line hiding in the code that caused this.
I’m pretty sure it’s fixed now, the update is out!

Tip: after updating the plugin restart studio for sure.

1 Like