Free Datastore Editor plugin! [21K installs] [OPEN-SOURCE]

This doesn’t seem to work or I don’t know how to edit it.

I write the data store name “Stage”
And press connect and guess what it does.

Completely nothing.

You need to query a key as well, not just connect to a datastore.

Did you read the tutorial?
1.) Connect to datastore.
2.) Query a key.

Datastores are like folders. They don’t have values.

Ya like he said datastores are folders, you need to query values that are in them for it to work, and the game just be published and maybe ran for the datastores to register.

1 Like

Yep, errors are fixed, and I just have to say this is a lifesaver for testing datastores lol. The paid one is probably better but I don’t see any reason to use it over this.

2 Likes

The names overlap, I can’t imagine what it would be like with long names, maybe make the text boxes scaled?

2 Likes

Oh, That’s something I never noticed because I never use long names.
I’m going to fix it!

Edit: It’s done! Now the value and the name text boxes are both scaled! The update is published!

I can’t find any more bugs, which means really the only things now to be added are optimizations and more features, which I’ve got no clue of what could be added.

1 Like

The UI update is out!

I created a brand new UI for the plugin!
Now it looks more clean and modern!

Share your opinions/problems/ideas about it!

Every reply is appreciated!

1 Like

Cool, do you know if it’s possible to move the icon thing in the top bar, for example, it’s on the far right, can you move it to the far left?

I don’t know what “icon thing” are you talking about. :smiley:

I meant this:
RobloxStudioBeta_n7T26KaWEs
Also, I couldn’t find any errors changing the data stores so that’s good.

Oh, yeah. I can’t do anything with that button. Roblox Studio is moving it automatically.

I’d be cool to have a theme selection screen, like have the old theme in light/dark and the new theme in light/dark. If only more people knew about this plugin lol

No, because old theme uses bjects in the UI that new theme doesn’t use.
And btw I deleted old theme already.

I mean like maybe if you make a new update to the theme that changes it a lot add that so if people want they can have the older theme.

I get it, but I already deleted the old theme so there is no way to do that.
And, this UI is almost the same, just the color scheme and the corners are a little bit changed.
I can’t and I don’t want to add a feature like that.

Well I’m 100% out of ideas, let’s hope that roblox doesn’t update something and break this.

2 Likes

Thank you for this! This is a really handy little plugin.

1 Like

Please add a save button instead of having it auto-save. I have to wait to change / add values.

Autosave being toggleable would be a nice thing to have.

1 Like