"Dual Render" Scope System

Oops, forgot about that, thanks for reminding me!

2 Likes

Innovation at itā€™s finest :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Wow this is really nice.

1 Like

Have you recorded your frames with more intricate workspaces? Iā€™d like to see how much your performance is affected by map size.

2 Likes

Always happy to help. :grin::+1:

3 Likes

Map size? Barely at all. Watch this:

Remember this optimization? Well itā€™s freaking magic. The map barely hit performance.

The real issues come into play when you have lots of moving parts and/or players.

Also, ViewportFrames arenā€™t good for most games because they donā€™t render Terrain, particles, GUIs, or complex lighting.

2 Likes

This looks awesome dude, nice work!

3 Likes

You should try to make a thermal scope since the ViewportFrame can be modified to make humanoids glow neon orange (actually wait I donā€™t think neon renders in them nvm).

2 Likes

Neon doesnā€™t render inside ViewportFrames, but I love the way you think :ok_hand:t2:

Iā€™ll see what I can make it do regardless of limitations!

Edit:
This was a mistake :rofl: Iā€™ve deleted the file, and will never again have to watch red men run around in a grey world.

6 Likes

This is neat! May come to great use sometimeā€¦

3 Likes

It might need a lot more optimization, more than just the surface optimizations I did.

3 Likes

Just what I wanted to hear. Iā€™m thinking of making something resembling your camera system and the majority of the lag can be cut out by only rendering the room (and people inside) that I want rendered. Not sure if Iā€™ll use a region3 or a proximity detector though. If I didnā€™t say it before, really well done.

3 Likes

Imma take a shot at making it later

3 Likes

That looks awesome!

3 Likes

Updated post to have a section dedicated to benchmarking!

2 Likes

Nice work. Do you think this is better suited for #development-discussion:cool-creations?

2 Likes

As a New Member who only got accepted for reading a lot, I cannot post there even if I wanted to.

Regardless, seeing as this project is open sourced and explained, I figure #learning-resources:community-tutorials-resources is a good fit!

2 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/new-member-program-faq/83329?u=railworks2

A place with your answer. Take a quick read and find out how.

2 Likes

Thanks! Still, I do think it belongs in resources, because it is an open source project for anyone to take.

4 Likes

Awesome idea, and awesome work!

2 Likes