Opinions/feedback on Kingston, Ontario

Heya

Started a project to build a large chunk of Kingston, Ontario. Trying to keep it simplistic for lag reduction, while having the illusion of complexity from the lighting. Wondering for some opinions/feedback on it so far.

Images

9 Likes

Wow overall it looks amazing the buildings, roads look very good, but the neon lighting is too strong maybe you could lower it a bit. I also have a suggestion, add road cracks if there is any in that area. Amazing job dude.

2 Likes

Looks quite nice, although you should probably tone down the brightness of the neon. Also add some texture on the roads and pathways (like cracks). The trees also appear to be a bit chunky. Good work otherwise!

Completely forgot about the neon. Changed the colour to a darker white and lowered the brightness.

2 Likes

I like the simplicity of the build, while maintaining complexity via the use of lighting (the lighting looks nice especially shown by screenshot 2). Reducing lag will help allow more players on lower end devices to join, allowing your game to grow faster. Some points of improvement would be:

• Screenshot 1: The building looks a little plain, maybe add some doors in the middle, or a clock at the triangle roof.

• Screenshot 4: Other people have mentioned this, but I think that the bloom from the neon is a little too high, try toning down the neon via a BloomEffect with a lower intensity or size. Edit: Fixed
    You could also make the streetlights dynamic, they could switch off during the day and switch on during the night.

• Screenshot 5: The logos on the left of the building are most likely copyrighted, I think its best that they should be changed to avoid any copyright problems (reference article).

Other than that, great work!

1 Like

Although you want to keep it simple to help reduce lag, it might look nice if you add in some trash cans, benches and bike racks.

I hate to break this to you, but there’s no longer a subway near the metro on princess. That’s been gone for over a year now if I’m not mistaken :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Regarding screenshot 1, that building is in progress.

Was planning on that. Project is in early stages.

1 Like

Google Maps says it’s open now until 11pm!

It’s looking good, I’d suggest making the streetlights turn off during the day though, the neon looks quite odd during the daytime.

It looks really well created, I love the buildings and the street lights, you really did a good job with it! :smiley: