Opinions on my environmental terrain skills

Hi I’m Tunnells a terrain artist and I would like for you to give me opinions on my terrain

Uploading: RobloxScreenShot20201012_175000827.png…

6 Likes

Hello.
It’s amazing. I guess the rocks are not blending in with the scene. :grinning:

2 Likes

I Like them, But you keep posting these topics over and over again. I have like 11 in my notifications box :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

In the first picture you can see a lot of trees but everything fits perfectly

1 Like

Its definitely nice, but if your gonna use the actual roblox terrain, then low poly will be hard to blend in.

1 Like

Regarding it at the moment it’s a good progress so far, perhaps experiment in creating a variety of trees and props most of the objects included in the scene are quite repetitive “trees - rock formation ect” you should place more items throughout the map since a lot of the corners and certain areas kind of have that type a bland approach. All of the terrain designs look good.

You could always improve in the models and terrain itself add some elevation mostly in the first image add different rock formation. Try making other variety of props so props won’t look repetitive otherwise your terrain, skill is good at the start, you’ll improve over time if you keep learning and basically practicing.

Your rocks - trees, and props, are very well done. In my opinion i would fix the tree leafs in the first image, as they look a little out of place and doesn’t quite resemble something a tree would look like. You could always expand the leafs instead of making them look (short looking).

1 Like

Try adding some textures to the rocks, or maybe the trees to blend in with the Roblox Terrain editor. This is just so it would blend In with the natural textures that the terrain surrounding has. Try adding your own textures if you want to spice it up.

1 Like

Hello! I love the current look and I have just a few suggestions. Try to change up shapes, such as the river/waterfall. Rather than leaving it straight, moving in a horizontal line, try to change it up, add some curvature, and make it seem a little more realistic. Along with that, try to add depth, using different textures such as mud, grass, and dirt along with the rock could give it a nice look.

1 Like

I like trees, the environment and the terrain, I recommend placing more detail and more trees :+1:

1 Like

I love your terrain a lot, especially the waterfall.

Yeah, you should change the color of the rocks.

1 Like