Opinions on these low poly builds?

image image image

6 Likes

Seems like too much is going on in one picture in the first image. You have “mountains” of all different colours – some grey, some neon pink – whereas a more structured colour palette would give the place more life than it is currently. Too much life is seldom a good thing. I’d improve on creating more mountain styles rather than the same homogeneous shape as well as creating more trees of different sizes, shapes, and colours. I can’t really see what’s going on apart from the trees and mountains (due to their size); all I can really pick out are a few buildings, your fountain, and a barn, but regardless, the small buildings near the fountain are completely identical, and when you’re trying to make a place as interesting as possible, you don’t want to repeat the same object ad nauseam.

The other images are OK. I can’t really see any direct faults apart from the use of a decal on the third picture. The decal is not completely proportionate, and it looks out of place. Consider either a blank screen or an image made of bricks/meshes.

3 Likes

Hey! The builds look quite nice! I do agree with Somnar, maybe you could change the mountains a bit. Would love to check the builds out when your game is released.

1 Like

The building looks really nice, like all the details you added to place and the building part. Here is a few things i’ll change!!

My Suggestions

• Just like “Somnar” said i’ll make different shapes of mountains to your map, i would suggest you make different style of trees instead of pasting the same trees. All over the map and on the mountain parts i’ll add some more little rocks, some bushes, branches, from the trees on the ground part! and add some more of logs by the house part.

• Second picture looks quite good, however i’ll add some little trees in the front yard and maybe add some flowers in the bushes part! but the house looks really good . Maybe you can make the backyard a bit bigger and add different to it!!

• Third image is OK the only thing i can see from it is that decal. The decal doesn’t look quite good on the building i would recommend, you add a sign on the top of the building! or add ice cream meshes on the building.

• Fourth Image doesn’t seem it needs improvements on it. But i would suggest you maybe
    add some bushes, little rocks, flowers, a small potted plant, on the deck part overall you’ve done a great job on your build.

Anyways you have done a really great job on your. Low poly builds can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

Looks good, you should change the mountains in the first picture with a bit more detail and chage there colors. Also on the second pic, the decal you added wirth ice cream dont fit with the low poly build.

1 Like

maybe change the mountain color a bit.
it’s a bit too much going on and maybe add a bit more detail.

1 Like

First Example:
As many of the people that posted before me have already said, there is a lot going on in this map. I think the bright colors some of the mountains and buildings really take away a unified feeling that the map would otherwise have.

Second Example:
I think the house looks really good. I like the way you “Textured” the roof and if anything I’d say the front door could be a bit taller. The only thing I don’t like is the trees in the background. They don’t really fit in with the style of the build or the bushes that are already there.

Third Example:
I really like the way you done the glass on this one, and it really adds to the buiding. The only thing I would change would be the decal on the top into a solid-sign of some sort.

Fourth Example:
This is my favorite one. I really like the roof and the slope that it has. The only things I would change about it would be the front “porch” colors and the front door design. The design of the door looks kind of simple and the front porch color scheme clashes a bit with the rest of the building.

1 Like

The first few are amazing! However, I don’t think the sunset lighting you have on the last one really suits this type of build.

1 Like

Those are some really nice low-poly builds. I think your second example could definitely use a different color scheme as the color of the windows does not seem to go with the other colors. I would try to go with something lighter and brighter. You can also change the part’s reflectancy property to a number between 0 and 1 to give it that reflective light effect.

To be honest, very well built. It has very good detail but the tree leafs in the second picture is looking kind of sloppy… and in conclusion I would say a solid… 9.5/10 because of the tree leafs looks good but eh… at the same time.

Just to tell you though, this is the wrong topic to post in. If you want opinions to post on your build, go here.

They overall look amazing!! The only things that are bugging me are the tiles on the roof of the house build. I would remove them, and the image of the ice-cream on the ice-cream store.

Please do not create duplicate threads. Instead edit your previous one.

Newer Thread: