Opinions, suggestions, and tips for my low poly build

I’m practicing low poly builds and I would like to receive opinions, suggestions, and tips to make it better. You’ll notice there aren’t a lot of trees on the other side but that’s because I’m still wondering on what other tree to add. Also because I’m only currently working on the area I’m gonna show you.

Screenshots

4 Likes

All around this looks like a good build. The only thing(s) I don’t really like is the neon material, as it seems to overpower the rest of the otherwise-attractive build. Only other thing is that the small tree(s) being underneath the bigger trees seems weird, and in real life wouldn’t really happen anyway.

2 Likes

Great work!

As @lSteveRogersl said, I would suggest toning down the neon material. I would also change the color on the neon blue stripe, it so totally doesn’t match lol.

I would suggest making the houses a bit more beige (for their main color). The white and gray seem a bit too bright. There are also a lot of bricks. In most low-poly builds, there aren’t this many. Especially on the house on the far left, a few fewer bricks would be nice.

For the third photo, especially, and more ground decor. Maybe shrubbery, trees, rocks, boxes, etc. There also seems to be some strange shadows on the ground in image one.

Overall, outstanding work. Keep it up!

1 Like

Hey! The low poly builds are just amazing! I do have a few suggestions for you.

• Scale buildings on X axis

As of right now, the building look really skinny. I’d suggest scaling them out on the X axis a little bit. This will make them take up more room, while looking beautiful at the same time.

• Tree Variety

From what I see, you just duplicated your trees a bunch of times. Instead of duplicating them, make multiple trees. Make sure to change the color of the leaves for each tree as well!

• Door Detail

Your doors look pretty bland. I’d suggest adding a window to it, and a doorknob.

• Different Roof Colors

The roof colours are all the same; I’d suggest changing some to other colours, such as black, bright red, and some other fancy colours.

• Summary

Overall, the building was great! I really liked your low poly style. Once again, good job!

1 Like

You should space the brick accents out more, such as here:
Separating them by even 0.1 or 0.2 studs makes them look more like bricks and less like 1 shape each.

I’d also suggest using less of the brick accents in the smaller building:
as they are usually used more as accents to the build rather than to actually physically represent a brick wall.

Some placements of the brick accents are strange as well, such as the ones crowded around the door in the smaller building. Try to isolate the brick accents more, and that’ll leave a more satisfying “low poly” look as well as reduce part count (albeit very minimally) in the long run.

Final, the blue and white coloring on the overhang of the far right building in the first image contrast too much in my opinion. Try using a less saturated version of the white/blue so it doesn’t pull too much unnecessary attention from the eyes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your low poly build looks really decent. Here is a few things to change and add to your low poly map!!

My Suggestions

• The build looks quite good, but just like “Steve” said i would suggest you turn down the neon material a bit down and change the colors. Of it to a blue color as for the yellow doesn’t look that good!!

• The trees i would recommend you make different kinds of trees. Such as pine trees, forest trees, and others as i can see it looks like you duplicated! them all over the map part and re-sized some of them. Also to lay back on what @zk_Maxx said you could add a door knob to the door part, and maybe add some more windows on the left building as there seems to be only one on it!!

RobloxScreenShot20190718_204128765%20(2)

• I would also add different shapes, of rocks on the map part and you could also add some bushes, branches, wooden logs, grass, to the map. And you should make different kind of buildings to your map. And you could add less bricks to the buildings, as said above there is a little to much! on one of the houses!

Overall you have really done a great job, hope to see more of this.

2 Likes

I have lowered the transparency of the yellow to tone down the neon a bit and this is what it looks like.

I also gave the roofs different colors an decreased the amount of bricks.

1 Like

Thank you all for giving me tips and suggestions!

The buildings looks good as most said but toning down the neon material would be a good idea

I have toned down the neon a bit by changing its transparency like the photo above. Does it look better?

Looks so much better! I would suggest moving the brick touching the top of the door up (in the first photo).

1 Like

Yes that looks a way much better!

1 Like

The dulled down neon looks a lot better than the original, it was too harsh in my opinion, but this newer one looks good!

This is more of a personal thing but I think the roofs look too stretched, may just be me though.

1 Like