Optimization help (thousands of parts)

Hi, I am currently working on a game and have models which consist of thousands of parts, what would be the best way to optimize this - should i try to export to blender and then import it back to roblox so it would be one mesh instead of thousands of parts. For context, I am trying to recreate the globe on roblox and have currently finished France (using scripts ofc not by hand) and after using a part count plugin i see i have already hit the 10,000s.

1 Like

You could edit those models so that they use fewer parts. Because some building methods could be using unnecessary parts that could instead be one. If you want to reduce lag, try not to use transparency in your builds and make them all opaque. Maybe that’ll help?

Edit: Looked a little deeper. Converting everything to meshes should help as well like you suggested.

1 Like

ah yes thanks, I’ve decided to go about this by converting each province model to a mesh → importing to blender → smoothing it out and using the decimation modifier as recommended on another thread.

BUT I have an issue, once I finish cleaning it up on blender and export it back to Roblox- the position and rotation orientations are not the same as they originally were in studio. Do you have a solution for this?

1 Like

If possible, union the parts together (at least enough to get a basic “skeleton” of the shape, doesn’t really have to be the full thing) and then copy the positions and orientations of that. Unfortunately, as unions can quickly become quite funky-shaped with quite funky values, you’ll have to do some fine-tweaking after the fact.

1 Like