Hello fellow developers,
As we all know, game performance is crucial for providing a positive player experience. In this post, I wanted to share some tips and tricks I’ve learned while optimizing game performance in Roblox.
- Use the “GetRealPhysicsFPS” function to monitor the physics frame rate of your game. This function returns the number of physics updates per second, and can help you identify areas of your game that may be causing performance issues.
- Minimize the use of heavy scripts, particularly those that execute on the client side. These scripts can have a significant impact on game performance, and should be used sparingly.
- Use the “RemoveOutlines” function to remove the outlines on parts in your game that are not needed. This can help reduce the amount of GPU processing required and improve performance.
- Use the “Lighting” service to control the lighting in your game. This service allows you to adjust the brightness and contrast of your game, which can help improve performance on lower-end devices.
- Use the “Content” service to cache game assets. This service allows you to pre-load game assets, which can help reduce load times and improve performance.
- Use the “Workspace” object to limit the number of parts in a specific area. This can help reduce the amount of rendering required and improve performance.
I hope that this will help you in your own development. If you have any questions or tips of your own to share, please post them in the comments below!
To tell if this helped you, Do a quick poll.
- This poll teached me and helped me
- This poll did not teach or help me