Optimizing Game Performance in Roblox

Hello fellow developers,

As we all know, game performance is crucial for providing a positive player experience. In this post, I wanted to share some tips and tricks I’ve learned while optimizing game performance in Roblox.

1. Use the “GetRealPhysicsFPS” function to monitor the physics frame rate of your game. This function returns the number of physics updates per second, and can help you identify areas of your game that may be causing performance issues.
  2. Minimize the use of heavy scripts, particularly those that execute on the client side. These scripts can have a significant impact on game performance, and should be used sparingly.
  3. Use the “RemoveOutlines” function to remove the outlines on parts in your game that are not needed. This can help reduce the amount of GPU processing required and improve performance.
  4. Use the “Lighting” service to control the lighting in your game. This service allows you to adjust the brightness and contrast of your game, which can help improve performance on lower-end devices.
  5. Use the “Content” service to cache game assets. This service allows you to pre-load game assets, which can help reduce load times and improve performance.
  6. Use the “Workspace” object to limit the number of parts in a specific area. This can help reduce the amount of rendering required and improve performance.

I hope that this will help you in your own development. If you have any questions or tips of your own to share, please post them in the comments below!

Thanks,
Healix_YT

To tell if this helped you, Do a quick poll.

• This poll teached me and helped me
  • This poll did not teach or help me

0 voters

5 Likes

Since this topic is providing a resource, it should go in #resources.

I disagree on some of your points:

Changing the contrast and brightness will not improve performance, but rather Lighting.Technology.

Outlines were removed several years ago.

What do you mean by this?

edit: beginning to think this is a message made by chat gpt

5 Likes

Doesn’t Roblox mainly use your CPU?

ContentProvider* service

Not sure how using Workspace necessarily helps with limiting objects. Objects in workspace are always rendered unless you have something like StreamingEnabled on.

Organising the workspace into folders rather than hallow parts can help lower end devices rendr the game faster as well as help developers to find parts easily.

Was just about to mention all of these.

~

In regards to the original topic:

Obviously this post has good intention but it wasn’t executed very well.

To me it seems to just be a repost of an outdated topic just to give the appearance of contribution, with some odd and questionable word structure.

No harsh feelings, just stating what’s apparent.

1 Like

Im sorry for all the wrong information. I was taking a lot of information from google for optimization and then writing it in my words. Realising that google has old stuff.
Thanks for replying and spotting my mistakes. I will edit the post and move it to resourses.

This is probably a sign that you shouldn’t of had posted this to begin with. This category is used for actually useful information that people with actual experience post to share with the community. If you don’t have the experience to look into what Google says, you’re better off just not doing it cus it makes you look bad.

2 Likes