[OSX Yosemite] Broken Color Selector

Hello!

I’ve been frustrated trying to work with this bug recently and I keep forgetting to report it. The “dropper” tool in the color selector, that lets you grab a pixel’s color on your screen, no longer functions in studio, at least not on my Macbook. I find that my optimized image editor on Mac has no problem with the dropper tool, so it’s definitely just a Studio thing and not Yosemite.

Currently on 10.10.1, which is the most recent version. This was also a problem in 10.10.0 though. Running a mid-2012 Retina Macbook Pro. Not sure if any of this helps.

I’d love this fixed, as I actually use it all of the time. Thanks!

1 Like

Yes I have noticed this happening. When you click on it and exit the window, it brings up the cursor for the selector, lets you chose your color, but never applies it to anything. I usually open Photoshop or Pixelmator and use the eye dropper form there.

Having this working would be nice.

[size=2]Did you notice that they updated Qt and now it has support for retina screens? Yaaay[/size]

[quote] Yes I have noticed this happening. When you click on it and exit the window, it brings up the cursor for the selector, lets you chose your color, but never applies it to anything. I usually open Photoshop or Pixelmator and use the eye dropper form there.

Having this working would be nice.

[size=2]Did you notice that they updated Qt and now it has support for retina screens? Yaaay[/size] [/quote]

That’s actually a really good idea, to use a different program, just until this is fixed and working again. I’m glad to see I’m not totally alone either.

1 Like