Outline of player

How would I make an outline of a player, so it can be seen through walls? Here is an example of what I need, but in Roblox:

Billboard gui for each section and enable always on top

How would that make an outline? I want the outline to be just like in the picture, because with billboards it would look like a large square.

Juste change the Frame size and color in the billboards

After you can copy the SurfaceGui in all the player part whit a script when you want to enabled it

That, and I was thinking you can have an image of the outline for each part of the body so it doesn’t look like a mess.

Can you guys give an example with a Character? I am trying to implement it now, but the billboards and surface guis don’t make an outline like in the picture. I need an outline not on a square part, but on player characters, so there are many surfaces.

Maybe this will help? (Credits to @mishajones)

You will have to play with the TextureId.

1 Like

But will I be able to see the outline through walls? I already tried the inverted mesh outline, it looks quite good, but can’t be seen through objects.

Hey there! You might want to check out these couple of posts to further your readings! The first post gives some resources on cel-shading characters for R15 and R6 characters where you can get an “outlining” effect. The second posts provides a library about x-raying / highlighting parts through walls, adding onto your statement about wanting these parts to stand out through walls. The third post is another library worth checking out as well on bound constrained highlighting.