Output gives errors for empty image/texture ids

Not sure if you can consider this a bug, but its most certainly annoying.

If i have any image based class in my game and i start up studio, or run the game, with an empty image id, i will always receive this pointless error;

[16:46:28.026 - Image “” failed to load in “Workspace.Part.Decal.Texture”: Unexpected URL]

I’m pretty sure this has always been a thing, and reproducing the bug is easier done than said; Just insert an image based class (like a Decal) and make sure its texture or image id is empty, and then just run the place, and you’ll receive this error.

This is really only a problem if you a developer like me, and you don’t like having your output filled with pointless errors.

2 Likes

It means that in game.Workspace.StatsBoard.MapDisplay.Screen.MapImage there is a Decal or Texture called Texture that have empty ImageId or DecalId (I forgot how it’s called). You can delete this Decal or just give it a Decal/ Image Id.

1 Like

Yeah, but point being is when you insert a new decal or texture, you will get the error. Because by default, a decal’s textureid is empty, which is annoying.

Like sure i can change the decal’s texture id before inserting it, but still!

It’s not really much annoying if they remove it,it would definitely be better but you can also clear output CTRL + K

2 Likes