Overpriced or low priced gamepasses/developer products

Which would you say is better for more sales/revenue?
Low priced gamepasses that give adequate stuff or over-priced gamepasses that give good stuff.

I personally think if a gamepass gives something that everyone would want and is cheap then you’ll get more sales,
but if you charge a bigger amount for that thing and maybe 50 people buy it (assuming we have a big game here) then you could possibly get more money out of it

Low priced is the way to go, its a marketing genius strategy, just like black friday, used by billionaire companies…

2 Likes

If everyone wants it, it would be in your best interests to make it expensive, for obvious reasons. Depending on the content the gamepass gives, I wouldn’t use the term “over-priced” in place of “expensive”.

For example, hotel games selling “become hotel manager!!!” gamepasses. On average these go for around 5k - 10k. Alot of people might see this as ridiculous, and I understand why. But for one, it’s expensive to prevent abuse. Secondly, you’re literally paying to become an HR in their group, a feat that otherwise would’ve taken you months to achieve. So, it’s not overpriced.

The answer is pretty obvious. Just price your gamepasses reasonably.
But if you’re gonna overprice or underprice your products for some reason, underprice them. More people can buy it so you’ll gain more revenue.

No one buys overpriced products unless they are naive but of course, value is subjective.

I suggest reading this guide:

1 Like

If you want to pull off the marketing strategies that billionaire companies use then you’d keep your gamepasses “on sale” forever without ever actually lowering the price. For some reason people just like seeing “whatever% off” even if it’s just the actual price of the item.

Also, a sense of urgency makes one more likely to commit to a purchase. Some sites go as far as adding fake countdowns or “in # shop carts” numbers.

4 Likes

I dont mean admin gamepasses lol. And I do agree that a gamepass that allows you to ban/kick people from a game should definitely be around 10k

You never specified what exactly you’re making gamepasses for- it was just an example. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you saying some of the sale items I hastily bought because they were just on sale was just their actual price?

Maybe, maybe not. Promising a “deal”, simulating urgency by timer, and appealing to the user with “exclusivity” are common in real world marketing. It seems to work pretty well, too.

2 Likes