Packages Feature

I was skimming through some of the RDC videos and saw an interesting feature called “Packages”. Apparently (and to my knowledge), they’re models that can be updated through games (like LinkedSource as someone stated). Packages can be shared to other users and are easily changeable.

However, I don’t think I fully understand what they are.

Could I be able to put the package on sale for a profit?
Will only I (as the package creator) be the only person able to edit them?

I know they haven’t released this feature yet, but the idea is pretty exiting and I would love to know if anyone has more knowledge.

1 Like

No. That is undoubtedly far out of the initial scope for packages. I don’t think these are catalog assets either – they seem local to a game like LinkedSource.

Presumably anyone with game edit permissions would be able to edit them – otherwise it’d be a major inconvenience.

1 Like

I believe they said when talking about the feature that it could be shared across places, developers, and other games.

That’s pretty disappointing that developers cannot sell their products in the catalog. Hopefully in the future we will see a push for that to happen.

There are a million features that could be substituted into that sentence, and Roblox can’t work on all of them. For selling models specifically, there are substantial blockers like the piracy we see in the clothing catalog, so expecting Roblox to drop everything they’re doing and prioritize it ASAP is unreasonable.

In the future, more than likely. Given an infinite amount of time, all of our requests would be implemented, but if you’re expecting this in the near future, I would suggest against holding your breath.

4 Likes