Packages Missing from Asset Display and Package marked "Rejected"

Reproduction Steps
I am unsure how to reproduce this problem as I am not sure what caused it. See details below.

Summary of Issue
Packages are missing from the asset explorer window and one of them is throwing errors. This started today after not editing the package in question for at least 24 hours. It was functioning as expected at the time of the last edit.

System Information
I’m using windows 10 on a laptop.

Beta Features
I have the following beta features turned on.

• 3D Layered Clothing
  • Luau autocomplete
  • Pivot editor

Links
The issue is happening in two of our development places.
This is the place with the package throwing an error: TutuLand [BETA] - Roblox
This is the place with the package 2 versions behind the current version but not throwing an error: TutuLand [BETA] - Roblox
Here is the package ID:

Expected Behavior
I expect to see all my packages in the asset manager window and all my packages to be kept in sync automatically as I work. I don’t think I did anything unusual especially with the package in question that hadn’t been updated in a bit and was working fine when I did update it.

Actual Behavior
This morning I was unable to work on my game because one of my packages was throwing this error:

I tried to delete the package and re-added it to the game but when I opened up asset manager and navigated to packages none of them were displayed. We have probably 20 packages here and they were displaying fine as of yesterday.

Then I right-clicked on the package link and went to package details and saw that the package was listed as “rejected.”

The link icon, which is usually blue, was grey.

I am unable to check or uncheck the auto-update field in properties.

I opened another place in our game universe and found that the package appeared to be working (it had a blue link and didn’t throw errors) but it was two versions behind the version in the main game. All the packages were on auto-update so they should have been in sync.

Workaround
My only workaround is to delete the package links and copy the files to every place manually.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-11-19 10:11:00 (-08:00)

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’re looking into it.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this! We are working on a fix for the missing packages. However the package being “Rejected” might be a separate issue with moderation.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s related, but we have been seeing a lot of these errors in our Studio console the last couple of days:

Could not fetch Package Permissions Data: HTTP 429 (Too Many Requests)

It seems to be causing some similar bugginess with package management.

If it is a moderation issue what should I do? There is nothing inappropriate in the game, the package contains assets organized in a way the scripts can read off them and apply closet items to the player (all of which are appropriate for all ages).

Update: Devrel was able to help me get the broken package working again.

Second Update: The packages page in asset explorer now working.

Can you try again and see if the issue is resolved?

Yes, packages are visible in the asset explorer now! :+1:

1 Like