Paint.net plugins

Hey there! My name is Tony and I am an artist on here. Due to my financial state, I cannot afford photoshop and must resort to getpaint.net. I am using two plugin packs currently. (Pyrochild’s and BoltBait’s) I do want to have more tools for it to feel like photoshop. Suggestions needed! Thanks in advance! :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily know for what you’re using paint.net, but my suggestion for Graphic User Interfaces would probably be Adobe XD. It is free software and you can also do some graphic designs there. It’s a really powerful and effortless tool to use and I would recommend it to anyone :slight_smile:.

Edit: I also found a tool called GIMP that’s also a great alternative to photoshop for pictures editing. I recommend checking that out as well :slight_smile: https://www.gimp.org/

5 Likes

Use drop shadow. Its very useful in making shadows, blurs, ect.

Do you think you could provide a link to the plugin?

Yup. GIMP was recommended to me as a “janky Photoshop”, and it works just as said. I’d recommend it over paint.net every time.

im not sure what link it is, but just follow this youtube video. - YouTube

1 Like

I’ve heard alot about GIMP, I will give it a go.

1 Like

Alright, thanks for that, will check it out!

GIMP is great, play around with the features, also you can use it to make images / decals , that have transparent backgrounds, to use to wrap around parts or as texture ids, plus make your thumbnails and such…
if i get back to this post , ill give more info on how to do it, with any app it can be tricky and a pain until the steps are done right…

it is also how I am making my sponsored images and ads… plus you can get the size right

Thank you so much! I’ll need this.

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile:, glad I could help.

1 Like