Parry Combat System [UNCOPYLOCKED]

THERE IS A DEGREE OF PROGRAMMING KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED TO USE THIS, I MADE IT FREE BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO EXPAND UPON IT.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRETY OF THIS POST IF YOU WISH TO USE THIS IN ORDER TO AVOID CONFUSION AND ISSUES!!!

Hello! I made this combat system a little while ago because I was planning to use it for a game, however I am no longer going to be using this system for it.

This combat system is Parry-Based, so it’s kind of similar to games like Deepwoken, however do not expect it to be exactly the same.

Here is a video displaying what it can do:

Heres how the system works:

Somebody hitting your block reduces your stamina (Yellow Bar),
Getting parried by an enemy will also reduce your stamina,
Parrying somebody else will increase your stamina,
Hitting an enemy while your stamina is depleted (it will flash red) will stun you for a few seconds.
You can regen stamina by not interacting with your weapon for a few seconds.

I have provided all the required animations in the place file, here is where each one goes.

“Block” - StarterCharacterScripts/Runner
“Idle” - StarterCharacterScripts/Runner

“Blocked” - ServerStorage/Modules/TagHumanoid
“Parried” - ServerStorage/Modules/TagHumanoid
“Hitted” - ServerStorage/Modules/TagHumanoid

“Parry” - ServerStorage/Modules/Combat/Animations
“Slash1” - ServerStorage/Modules/Combat/Animations
“Slash2” - ServerStorage/Modules/Combat/Animations

PLEASE KNOW! Your character must have the proper sword model and weld inside it in order for the weapon to work, you must add in that functionality yourself, however i put in a startercharacter model with the requirements so you can get a preview of it. I will refuse any form of help if you completely ignore what I wrote here.

That should be everything you need to know, you can find the place here: Uncopylocked Place

Thanks for reading, please comment any questions if you have any.

26 Likes