Part Pointing at Mouse

How would i make a tool where the handle points at the mouse position (Hit)? I have no idea how to start the script

Thanks

1 Like

This has been answered many times in other posts.
There is a Search button up top you can use to look for terms like β€œarm aim at mouse” or similar to find them.

1 Like

i dont think so little puβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œppy

maybe they’re looking for something else? they still should get answered.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

while wait() do
    lookpart.CFrame = CFrame.new(lookpart.Position,parttolookat.Position)
end
1 Like

My reply was an attempt at being helpful.
You asked β€œHow would i make a tool where the handle points at the mouse position (Hit)? I have no idea how to start the script” which is very vague.
You didn’t state if the tool was to be oriented at the players outstretched hand to the object, or by the arm holding the tool. there are too many answers to deal with in a vague question like this.
I believed if you tried to search the forums (or at least told us you’d already tried) you may have found an answer, or at least a direction to take using someone else’s ideas.

@bloodbonniekingnoob1 as well, this is the reason I try to help others by reminding them to search the forums for themselves. It’s like taking your car to a mechanic and saying β€˜It doesn’t work’. A mechanic can only help fix your car if you give them good information about the problem. They can’t read your mind.

Hey, I saw that you have already gotten an solution, but If you want to make it smoother, Try using Heartbeat function.

[ Result Script ]

I’m not very good at doing CFrames, but you can make anything you desire using this.

local RS = game:GetService('RunService')

RS.HeartBeat:Connect(function()
        --[ Part.Position = mouse.Hit.Position
end)

-- [ Or if you want to make it to end at anytime

local Test = RS.HeartBeat:Connect(function()
        --[ Part.Position = mouse.Hit.Position
end)

--[ At anytime if you want the function to stop, Use Test:Disconnect()

2 Likes

yoβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œur mβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œotβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œβ€Œher

1 Like