Part Time Dev Opportunity - With Salary ($200 USD/week)

Normally people put the age requirement at 13 to comply with discord TOS why would you like this position to be 17?

Yea, I got to ask the same question here. Even with DevEx, they allow anyone younger than 13. Most developers are around 13-15 so to make it 17 doesn’t really make sense unless you want to make sure the person you work with is mature(which tbh isn’t as important unless they too immature to work with).

1 Like

Mainly because this is a part time opportunity, in which a sufficient wage is being earned.
Also having a candidate who is 17 would suggest that they have much more experience and maturity as a developer.

Someone who is around my age (14) would probably not be able to work for up to 15 hours a week solid. It’s also a year under the required age for PayPal, so it makes sense.

1 Like

Age =/= maturity. You can be very mature as a younger person and immature when you’re older. The age floor is unfair.

4 Likes

I strongly agree. I’ve met a lot of people online and kept my age inconspicuous. After asking my age they would guess I was 18-21. I’m only 15!

2 Likes

Presuming @solar_DEV is using PayPal to pay, the age requirement should be 18+ as you have to be at least 18 to open a PayPal account legally.

cc @i_ncendiarism @dornuthedude

3 Likes

It is not only due to maturity, or Discord. This is to use PayPal (because of tax and 30% group funds) which is cheaper than Robux (unless you have lots of Robux on you).

Another possibility is that, if there is a contract provided, an 18-year old has the opportunity to legally sign that contract (an individual that signs the contract under 18 can cancel the contract any time s/he would like).

Another possibility may be due to experience, asset-stealing, professionalism, motivation, etc. (a 13-year old may not put that much dedication, although they could).

cc @ancant64 @dornuthedude @i_ncendiarism

1 Like

He’s only looking for scripter/s.

Hi everyone. I see there’s some contention about the age limit associated with this project. I strongly believe that there are people under the age of 17 who are very competent developers and mature individuals. Unfortunately, there’s a ton of legal reasons why we have to stick with older folk.

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter. There are a plethora of reasons not to hire someone under 17 or 18 for work.

2 Likes

I read this thread very fast, correct me for any errors.

With an interval threshold with a 5-hour diversity (10-15h) a salary without an interval is unreasonable.

• 10h/week = $200 USD
  • 15h/week = $200 USD

(This factor is important to me since I am careful with administrative acts involving any monetary currency) You’re too lenient on the time that must be contributed. I really recommend setting a chart up like the following:

Monday - Friday: 1 hour
Saturday - Sunday: 2 hours

Compensating hourly is more accurate than weekly.
Interval - Non-Interval doesn’t really work well. Establishing secure payment and times are much more efficient (pro-tip: the smaller amount of time compensation is more accurate when charging; i.e.: charge in minutes/hours, not weeks.

Regarding ‘17+’ Requirement

I fully agree with this. Either due to legal contracting (with a contract), experience, or less struggle with PayPal - this is your decision. Especially when paying a salary this big, experienced people are required.

This opportunity looks very promising, however I will pass.

1 Like

By chance are you looking for any Multi Media Artist?

Sent my resume :slight_smile:
Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me

Alright I’m going to reply to a few comments posted in the last two days.

@RomaCommentator you raise some interesting points. Especially about the vagueness of weekly time commitments. There is a reason to the madness. We have very specific game development milestones that we have to hit every several weeks. Obviously if major bug fixes or problems arise, we need to be able to tackle them promptly. Workload will obviously change on a weekly basis for this and other factors. The decision to make the timings 10-15 hours lets prospective developers know approximately how much time commitment they must put in. Another reason we dont plan on paying hourly at this stage is because we are an early stage startup with a tight cashflow. We can only guarantee a weekly stipend at this point due to risk management.

@SIEGFRlED I’ll be completely honest I don’t know what you mean by a multimedia artist.

@Capt_George Thank you for your submission. I’ll look through the applications soon and get back to you.

AnonymousDeveloper13 - Scripter Portfolio Here is my portfolio I hope I can help with the development of the game

Alright thanks everyone who replied or applied for a position. If anyone else is interested, send me a direct message before the end of the day. I’ll review applications soon and will get back to everyone in a timely manner.

Well no exactly younger people have more time, 17 year olds most likely have a job. And 14-18 are usually high schoolers meaning 14 year olds are in the same situation but have more time because they can’t get outside school and Roblox jobs.

I’m going to break down the main points within your statement that I disagree with.
Sadly, I don’t agree with much of what you have exactly stated.

It’s incorrect to make this assumption, at 17 within the United Kingdom, college/sixth form will leave developers with plenty of time to contribute. I know somebody who holds a Vice Chairman rank within my group who is 17 and he’s one of the most active people in the group.

Not all 17 year olds have a job, again these are all assumptions without anything supporting your claims. You are right in the fact that many will have a small job at a large chain, such as Walmart or McDonalds, not all though as they might be fine with their DevEx earnings if they get those.

Yes, this statement is correct, I’m British but 18 would mean going on towards University should that person go further than A Levels which are compulsory.

This is basically repeating your first point, 14 year olds can’t legally have a PayPal account. This work is being paid within USD, I would understand if the payment was through Robux.

14 year olds can get development jobs within a team if they are mature enough and have enough talent to do so.

You have to remember that age restrictions on commissions and opportunities with real world currency are only going to be available for older users for purely legal reasons. Age should definitely matter when dealing with USD and real-world finances.

Yeah I guess I didn’t think of that. Though most 17 year olds that dev on Roblox tell me they have a job and such. A lot of the devs are from USA as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.