Party Devlog 2 - New space models, Fixes and more!

Hi! So since the last devlog I’ve been on the grind to update the game. So without further adue, lets get into the devlog!

New space models

The models of the spaces have had a major revamp! They now look alot nicer and have icons on them to make the type of space they are more clear.

The spaces are, from left to right: Lucky, Unlucky, Item, Red, Blue

New Objective

Until now I hadn’t of thought of how players would win a game or how a game would end. So here’s the new player objective!

The game starts with 10 Crowns up for grabs. To collect a crown, players must move towards a crown space with their dice and pass it to buy a crown. When a crown is bought, the crown space will move to a different location and the number of available crowns will decrease by 1. When there are no crowns left, the game will end. At the end of the game, players will get bonus crowns for every 50 coins they have at the end. Whoever has the most crowns at the end of the game wins!

Added Crowns

Crowns have been added! Crowns are a new currency that players will try to get the most of. Crowns can be bought for 10 coins when at a crown space. When a crown is bought, the crown space will move to a new location

New Board!

The old board has been completely scrapped for a new one thats much bigger and has lots of different paths! Here’s what it looks like

Item Shop

Previously you could only get items from Item Spaces. Now you can buy them! When you pass a shop space, you will be presented with the opportunity to buy an item. A Dash costs 5 Coins, A Slow costs 7 Coins and a Custom Dice costs 10 Coins.

Title Screen

When players join, they will now be greeted with a title screen where they can join a match.

Fixes

• Fixed slow effect being applie for every turn when used on a player
  • Fixed Item Minigames only able to happen once
  • Fixed not being able to choose paths

Feedback

What do you guys think of the new spaces? Is there any way I can improve them?
Do you have any ideas for themed boards, if so, please share in the replies!

Thanks for reading! :happy3:

4 Likes

i feel like the board is sloppy. shouldn’t the board resemble SOMETHING?

Have you ever played mario party? Most of the boards are weird and wonky like that

However @COOLDEV16T Some of the roads that branch off the main road should be removed, unless you purposly want this to be a incredibly long map

2 Likes

I own MP10 (and have played MP9, MPDS, SMP and MPS) and I do agree with your response, the path does split too much imo

The red and blue spaces don’t need to have icons in my opinion as well

1 Like