Ping gradually rises to insane levels (150k+), unable to load Team Create games in Studio

Since around 5 days ago (September 17th), I have been experiencing numerous connection issues on the platform. My ping is normal at first when I join a game, however it usually starts spiking up, to the point where it gets to literally unbearable levels (40,000 ms, 190,000 ms, sometimes even 300,000 ms…):

This doesn’t happen every time I join a game either, it seems to happen randomly with about a 50% chance. Here’s some games I tried and how often this seems to happen:
Adopt Me - seems to happen 100% of the time.
My unreleased game - Around 75% of the time.
Flee The Facility - About 50% of the time.

Team Create

This issue also seemingly randomly prevents me from working on my games. Since 2 days ago, I haven’t been able to load the “Saltrock Dev Map” place inside the DL Dev Map game.
A day after the issue started, I was unable to open My unreleased game for around 12 hours.
I can’t open either game today.

What I’ve tried

• Flushing my DNS Cache
• Reinstalling Roblox
• Running a Traceroute to a game server I was in that had insane ping, this seemed to return normal results:

This issue doesn’t seem to be happening on my phone (nvm it does happen on my phone), and it isn’t related to internet speed as every other service like Discord, other websites etc work fine, same with games like GTA Online. Roblox game load times are also the same as usual.
I can provide client logs if needed.

My system specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: MSI X370 SLI Plus

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the report!

Please try performing a packet capture to get more information. Please try to start the packet capture before you hit the ping spike / before you try to open the team create place to get full context. Packet captures may contain information that should not be public (in particular, a packet capture for team create may contain most/all of the script source in your place), so please only share the captures privately.

2 Likes

Hi. I do not have any useful technical information to add to this bug report, but I just want to say that I had this exact same issue happen to me a couple months ago. My ping would spike up incredibly high, only for the Roblox client. This made almost every game completely unplayable (literally broken).

You can see me complaining about this on twitter:

Perhaps most peculiar is the fact that this issue randomly appeared and then solved itself after a few days. I don’t think this was the result of a Roblox update, but maybe there is some flaw in Roblox’s networking that is susceptible to this problem based on certain network conditions?

For the record, my internet was totally fine and I could load websites, stream in 4k video, watch livestreams, and play non-Roblox online games with no latency issues. I’m running a Macbook, not that I think that’s the causse.

1 Like

Sorry for not responding to this post! A couple of days after @Fluffmiceter’s response, the issue fixed itself, so it was probably the issue they described.

1 Like

Hi, this thread isn’t about ongoing issues! It’s about a personal issue from a couple weeks ago.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I’ll update the title to clarify.

Oh, alright thank you for telling me then, I’ll just make a new post

1 Like

Yup, same story here. Problem appeared out of nowhere, stayed for a few days, and then fixed itself suddenly. No idea what changed during that time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.