Placement script: cannot rotate upside down

i wrote a placement script, but the rotation for some reason is not working properly and i cannot rotate upside down. heres the script. I would upload a gif, but for some reason i cant, even tho its like 3 seconds long

elseif input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.R then
			game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.RotatePart:FireServer(plot.Middle,Vector3.new(90,0,0))
		elseif input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.T then
			game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.RotatePart:FireServer(plot.Middle,Vector3.new(0,90,0))
		elseif input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Y then
			game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.RotatePart:FireServer(plot.Middle,Vector3.new(0,0,90))

can show the server script? bcz this code cant saw some bug

1 Like

sure, sorry for the late answer, i was afk. here it is

local remote = game.ReplicatedStorage.Remotes.RotatePart

remote.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(plr,part,vector3)
	part.Orientation += vector3
end)

Could you print out what the part & vector3 variables are? It might also be that you just need to remove the + operator

part is the middle of the base, thats where placement script takes the rotation from to the item and vector3 is in the first script

Is that the entirety of the LocalScript? Also is plot.Middle a Part or a Model?

it is a local script and middle is a part

Couldn’t you just change the Orientation to 180 instead? I tried it and it looks fine

yeah but then i wont be able to do 90 degree turns

Now I’m confused, do you want something like this???

https://gyazo.com/ead4113ef31b9b7071533a46494f54be

yeah, thats what i want to achieve

I literally just copied & pasted the code onto a empty place and that’s what I got, after hitting the R/T/Y keys a couple times

strange
[placeholder since the minimum amount of characters in a reply is 30]

Do you want the place file to compare the two?

i dont need it, i mean if you copied the script then i guess ima just try different methodds until i fix it