Poor Ad Test Performance

Hiya! We commissioned a couple ads for our game “The Avatar Mall” and decided to test them; the results weren’t the best.
Now, we did use 10 Robux which is very small amount but if we were to scale these results it’s not worth it.

Ads

Ad 1

Ad 2

Ad 3

Any tips? Roblox obviously won’t be our main form of advertisement once the game does release, we will utilise platforms such as TikTok and YouTube to their full extents.

Ad 3 is misleading

I wouldn’t say it’s misleading as it indicates that the avatar mall is a game similar to what the catalog does, which is true.
However, it still doesn’t explain how it has similar results to the “serious” ones.

2 Likes

Actually it is since your game gets very little players, which is less effective yet the ad shows that the game is better than catalog, which is the opposite. I would advertise it when it has active players, but gl.

The issue is that we will need to get active players on release; do you think it’s better to use the first two ads and then once the game gets more popular move onto the third?

Maybe. Btw, i have never advertised but i know when i click on ads, so take thjs with a grain of salt

You can advertise the quarter of robux you have, then another, then another until your planned bidding on that ad finishes, then move onto next.

Hope this helps

1 Like

You spent 10 robux. Try again with 100-500 robux/ad, 10 robux yields unreliable results.

6 Likes

I agree with this… the results get better exponentially not linear.

1 Like

10 robux is far too small of an amount to yield accurate results. For instance, Ad 3 has a CTR of 0.38% with 3 clicks – if Ad 3 had 4 clicks (difference of 1 person), the CTR would become 0.5%.

↑ ROBUX = ↑ Impressions = ↓ Sample bias/sampling error

2 Likes

Ran some ads for 150, which I think is suitable to test considering I’m trying to save as much as possible.

1 Like

Alright so from personal taste,

• Don’t ever use tiktok,
  • Use Youtube if you have the support of decently big youtubers,

And I recommend trying advertising if the game is worth it on large scale.
All depends on the team’s expectations, but you won’t get far without thousands of robux, a good game, and decent support from other sources.

2 Likes

We have a decent amount of saved Robux for the project, and advertisement is our main priority as we know how important it is.
Thanks!

Then think as advertisement as a part of your marketing strategy. Because if your game will be in a state of game release, you have to consider many other things than “advertismsent”.

I believe that if you want to make a successful update, you’ll have to consider how good your ingame purchases will be, or even if it’s paid access. Then you’ll have to consider your market interest, if people will most likely want to play the kind of your game, and finally you’ll need to review your expectations. Because they are high, or limitless, I don’t think you’ll get too far.

Hope that reasoning helps, good luck for the project.

1 Like

Why? The only thing it does is attract players. Sure they might be underage or immature but, you still get players.

Not really. In the past I’ve used 5 and still saw my ad very often.

This is because roblox shows your ad a lot more to you than anyone else. Not sure why but it does.

1 Like

Do you have a source for that?

No, I have just noticed it happening on every ad I’ve run. Also, basic math shows it should be under 0.1% to be shown once.

As an update, I have ran the ads and i’m getting some pretty similar results.
Also ran a sponsor, which will obviously have far far less clicks but surely 0.004% is pretty terrible…

1 Like

May I ask why that is? I run a TikTok channel that averages ~1.3 million views per video, and I strongly can attest to the fact that TikTok is (currently) the easiest way to gain exposure in a cheap and authentic manner.

That said, the user base of TikTok compliments ROBLOX’s user base extremely well. They have a unique algorithm that can cater individual’s directly towards ROBLOX-specific content. From personal experience, a colleague of mine had posted a viral ROBLOX TikTok video which gained the game nearly 400 concurrent players in a couple of hours.

Even though there’s a notion that “roblox tiktok = bad”, it’s still an incredibly great tool for exposure that can be used at no cost.

2 Likes