[EOL] PreloadService - Customizable way to load assets via ContentProvider [v2]

Version 2.3.1 released!

News

1. I released this Wednesday afternoon, but kinda forgot to publish release notes. Here they are now.

2. I’ve identified a major flaw, when you click Home after going to anothe r page it will not find it. Expect 2.3.1b in the coming days.

3. 3.0:
    3.0’s development class tongues, I’m aiming to release it late this year or early 2023.

4. There will not be a GitHub update for this release:
    This update is minor, so a GitHub release isn’t worth it. It’ll be updated next release.

What’s new?

Give admin to people on groups

Now, you can add Group IDs into a table, for example a development group, and it will automatically give admin to them.

More secure

The admin module’s name will get rerolled to a unique 25 character name every time, making it impossible to guess.

Known issues

1. Clicking home does not go home Fix should be pushed today
  2. Dock is not a ScrollingFrame
  3. CustomUI may not work as expected

That’s it for this update, see you in 3.0!
I typed this entire thing on my phone, if there’s any issues or inaccuracies the please let me know in private!

3 Likes

Wassup @DarkPixlz I’ve seen you work with Croc on StreamX, you guys are like the most trustworthy developers I’ve seen, I’m 100% using this tool for my game! This is probably better than all the other admin commands I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I am honestly clueless as to why we need an admin panel for a content provider. I would rather have a module that loads data through code, and returns what you need.

That was the original idea back in the day, but then I made the entire panel for logging mainly as it would be useful. I said a bit ago I would make a panel-less version for people who don’t want it but I never got around to it

2 Likes

Hello everybody,

I’m trying to push 2.3.1.1 but every time I do another UI breaks. Please stay patient, I’m trying to work through it.

Thank you.

Version 2.3.1.1 released!

What’s new?

1. Keybind setting

The default is still F2, but now you can set your keybind to whatever you want.
Find it in Settings, it’s name is PanelKeybind. You can also enable the requirement of Shift as well.

Panel made bigger

I’ve made the panel a bit bigger to declutter it a bit more.

Open/close animations changed

The open + close animations have been changed to be smoother and flash less.

Text changes

I fixed some general typos. If you see these, please let me know!
Welcome to PreloadSerivce" stayed around for 3 versions.

Known Issues

“Player Management” screen does not display total assets loaded and wont load players.

Plans for 3.0

• Plugins
  • Plugin API
  • Make Player Management work correctly
  • In-Panel Settings
  • Custom Themes

This is hopefully the last update until v3. See you then!

1 Like

I did find a bug of where the “settings” button UI just stays there permanently and can’t do anything else, and the buttons don’t work.

I noticed that, it’ll be fixed in v3. I’ve been extremely busy recently so it probably won’t be for a while. I got @6Marchy4 to help out but I haven’t heard much from him recently, so stay tuned.

1 Like

Hello everybody!

Going into the new years, thought I’d update everybody here.
Development on v3 is still continuing! I’ve been working on it for a while now and I plan to do until it’s perfect and every last feature is flawless. I’ve been adding more features and content every day. A new PreloadService Blue release should be out this week depending on my schedule.

Anyways, it should be out in the coming months I hope. It’s a huge release and I’ve been working hard to deliver it.

If you have any suggestions for built-in plugins or API suggestions now’s the time to tell me! I’ll still accept them when it’s out, but it’s better to get them on the trello board ASAP.

Also, take this quick poll please!
How should I make a place where you can look for plugins and themes?

• Make a Discourse instance (Topics anybody can make in a respective category)
  • GitHub/Gitlab repo where anybody can contribute
  • Other (Dm me or reply)

0 voters

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t use this in any projects even if i was a beginner, an entire ui, admin panel, module, plugins, themes etc in comparison to just learning contentprovider yourself (which you’ll most likely need to learn something to make a proper game), is far too much on top of other admin things or uis games may have

I will however compliment the ui even though it prob shouldn’t be a thing, the ui is more appealing than the actual script. :rofl:

4 Likes

After a few more votes I’ll close the poll off.

Thanks to those who voted! I’ll work on getting a Discourse site setup as that’s what won. I’ll update here when the time comes.

Hello Developers,

I am proud to announce that PreloadService is now a part of Dokito!

Dokito is a team of developers who are denoted to providing open-source code for other developers to use in their Roblox games and projects.

You can see more Dokito Projects here.

Thanks,
Crcoli737
Programmer
Founder of Dokito

2 Likes

Another small update: the forum will be ready soon. We’re having small configuration errors but it should be live in a bit!

1 Like

i don’t think it’s good for loading screens, @polarisprog did a tutorial on youtube, here is his channel without PreloadService, it would be better if roblox lets us create custom services and add game:GetCustomService()

1 Like

In terms of design or efficiency? I think the design for full screen loading can be better, but I can’t blur images still outside of PhotoShop, so I’m limited to a more basic design. I’ll revamp it again in v3 though. If you mean in terms of efficiency, then I’m not sure what you mean. It’s not perfect but it’s pretty good as it is, as long as you change the settings to not wait at all.

I didn’t make this to target advanced programmers, more beginners, and people interested in logging and an easy all in 1 solution. In v3, you’ll be able to disable stuff and only add plugins if you want to, unlike HD admin where everything is there and you’re using a lot of the limits for stuff like MessagingService because of pointless things which are connecting.

I also looked at the video. It’s about 30 minutes, and PreloadService setup only takes a few minutes. Both the video and this have their benefits for sure though, looks like a good tutorial.

1 Like

it’s because if it’s greater than 8 minutes, then he can get ads to make money

Yes I know, but 30 mins doesn’t probably have much to do with ads, because it’s filled with content most likely. I’m not making anything off of PS which is why it’s taking me so long to get devs to help out, because it has to come from pocket

1 Like

Hello everybody, a few quick updates regarding v3.

It’s still in progress, and I aim to finish it hopefully soon.

Still doesn’t hold much resemblance of the final product.

I’ve also been working on making plugins! Once again, if you have any ideas, now’s the time!

In other news, the preloadservice.darkpixlz.com community is down. It’ll be back up soon, I’ll announce when. Will be before v3’s release for sure.

That’s it for this. Again, if you have any feedback or ideas, please tell me!

Thanks!

1 Like