Prevent animation from overiding unanimated parts?

Hey guys!
So I am making an Idle animation for a weapon. its going good, but if I set the animation priority to action/movement/idle then it will also stop the walking animation, which looks awkward, and setting it core wont play it at all. I just want the body parts that I animated to be affected, not the unanimated parts.
How can I achieve this? Thanks!

You can use animation weight while it’s at core priority.

2 Likes

Would you mind linking me to its api reference or any post that guides through using it? I just began animating a couple of weeks back.

1 Like

I typically don’t have to go through that process whenever I implement animations into, say, a sword. I usually keep it as it is without having to change any of those settings.

The only tip I can really give is to make sure that the legs of the rig you animated on have absolutely 0 keyframes.

1 Like

Yes. They have absolutely 0 key frames, but I animated after clicking the plus then clicking add all. So should I probably delete the leg tracks?

Maybe.

If you’re using some kind of custom walk animation script, that and your animated weapon could be messing with each other. I’m not too knowledgeable in terms of that kind of thing, though, so I’m not sure.

1 Like
1 Like

I think if you delete the tracks for the parts you don’t want to override, it should fix it.

1 Like

Is this solved in the recent Roblox animation update?

1 Like

Nevermind guys, my fault. Thanks @XxZizzyMercy00 for informing me! I deleted the tracks of both the legs and its good now.

2 Likes

You’re welcome!

I have to type 30 letters, yay.

1 Like